Sunday, July 10, 2011

Summer

Well everyone else blogged, so I guess I should too.  Plus I am bored anyway.  I would LOVE to go for a walk or a bike ride, but the horseflies right now are BRUTAL and I am already COVERED in mosquito and horsefly bites, I feel like I have the freakin' chickenpox I am so itchy!!!


Summer is in full swing.  The other night we had Rick's birthday party, which for some reason to me always means summer has truly arrived.  The party was fun, minus a little drama that I could have done without.

Dyan introduced me to a very yummy/easy new drink!  I'll share with y'all cuz that's how I roll...

1 cup tequila
1 can of limeade
1 bottle of beer

That's it!  She likes them blended with ice,  I made them 'on the rocks' ....but I think that next time I'll blend some up.  SO GOOD... and FYI... I HATE HATE HATE the taste and smell of beer!!

Jessi and I have been doing the "Couch to 5k" program.  We start week 4 this week.  I am also still going strong with my only eating once a day plan.  I realize this plan is a little self-destructive, but the weight is coming off and if I feel like being a little self-destructive right now, then that is what I am going to do!  And frankly... being fat is no less self-destructive than what I am doing.  It's a little ironic that people have no trouble commenting about how what I am doing right now is not healthy... it's dangerous... it's a bad idea.... yet, nobody says a word to me when I am downing a pint of Ben and Jerry's Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, or mowing through a plate of Irish Nachos like I am never going to eat again. I am not-at-all trying to be bitchy right now and I am also not talking about my friends/family that are just concerned about me... it's the other people who feel the need to insert their uninvited opinions.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I do NOT miss the horseflies, damn those things are terrible!! Looks and sounds like your having a wonderful summer!!

Kristie said...

Do you eat snacks or anything during the day other than your one meal? I get headaches if I don't eat enough - one meal would be considered not enough for me. I imagine you could compensate by drinking a lot of fluids though. (And I don't mean the tequila, limeade, beer mix haha)