I usually do a 'year end review' post. Although I looked and I didn't do it last year for some reason. I think we alllllllll know how the last year has been and don't really need to hash it out again. When I was looking to see if I did one last year I re-read lots of my posts from last year and it was a nice little journey. I wonder sometimes if I went through everything too fast. And then I wonder if that matters? Should I have been sad and angry longer? Was I supposed have taken more time alone before jumping back into dating to learn more about myself. It seems like every other Pinterest quote is something about learning to love to be alone or learning to love yourself before you love someone else. Which I don't really understand. The whole point of human existence it seems is to find your partner and enjoy each other and then die. Humans are naturally wired to couple up. And naturally you are going to feel better when you have someone who loves you and cares about everything you do, and is a constant cheerleader. Chris Brown (who I can't stand) actually has a line in a song right now that says "Let me love you... until you learn... to love yourself" ....which flies in the face of all that other stuff like his fists flew in the face of Rihanna. ;-)
Anyhoo.... that was a big ramble. This year... whether I did was I was "supposed" to do or not.... I kissed a man at midnight New Year's Eve that makes me laugh, makes me feel loved and wanted and needed every second, who I love, want and need just as much ....and I guess that is all that really matters!!
2 comments:
Remember don't think too much just live your life...Happy New Year! Cheers to a Happy Healthy 2013!
you're supposed to do whatever feels right to you....."F" what anyone else thinks is right, its your journey and yours alone.
Post a Comment