Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Whistle while you work!!

Today was my first day of my new job. I spent most of it organizing my 'cubby' (as they refer to the cubicle areas). I was almost late because at 8:04am I decided that I needed to make a couple LO's of the kids to put up in my very first 'office' EVER!! ;) I whipped 'em out super quickly though and was able to still walk out the door at 8:32am!! I was still 5 minutes late thought because I rolled the dice on which way to go to avoid construction and came up Snake Eyes.

Of course once I got it all organized I HAD to snap a pic... gotta love camera phones :) I would imagine this is the only day my desk will look this nice, so what better time to take a picture!?

My first day went very well. The fact that I am doing the same thing that I have been doing sine the beginning of September helps... as does the fact that I already know everyone there, so I don't feel shy about asking questions AND I know WHO to ask which questions...and at our place it's never the same person twice in a row!!

Another plus for today was that I am FINALLY on the 'getting better' side of this nasty-ass cold!! A minus though is that Rick is on the 'coming-down-with' side. His never last as long as mine do... but they are usually worse.... as is the drama surrounding them ;) Maybe there is something to that? Maybe next time instead of pretending I am fine, I will just be a big ole drama queen about the whole thing and stay in bed and then I will get better faster too!! Maybe not...lol!!!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

VERY NICE!! Is that your lap top or theirs??

Colleen said...

Theirs.

Mindy said...

Great workspace. I expect you to keep it that clean...

Wendy said...

Love the cubby hole....I want to see before and after photos, LOL...Great job on the quick layouts too!! With your photo talent you'll have the walls plastered with photos before to long. Ugh to Rick being sick, I'm feeling for you!! So far I am the only one sick here...and yes like you I'm just getting over it!! I think we should be Drama Queens next time and take it for all we can get...One problem here though is no one is here to hear or wait on me, LOL....Is it child abuse to get your 4 yr old to wait on you??

Rick Jordan said...

I like you cute little cubby! Mine is WAY messier!