Jessi was away at a friend's.... Sean was long gone to bed... so Rick and I got slightly inebriated and..... well.... ok AFTER that.... Rick suggested that we wrap some Christmas presents. the kids have been BEGGING for 2 weeks to have presents under the tree, so I agreed, even though I was not confident in my wrapping abilities at that point in time. I am not the best present wrapper anyway... and I think I dropped the tape and scissors 874 times, BUT Rick actually WRAPPED some presents.... which he has *always* insisted that he is completely unable to do... so next year at wrapping time... I know the trick! LOL
The next morning was like Christmas (hee hee) when Sean came downstairs. He promptly inspected each one and then made them all into a "house."
Today we grouted my REAL TILE FLOOR in my master bathroom!! No more fakey tiles in this house now that we know how easy it is to do the real thing! Next stop is the downstairs bathroom since bad, naughty Lucy ripped up so many tiles....and since we never finished them in there anyway. Next weekend Scott is coming to put in the fixtures and I will have MY OWN BATHROOM!!! Only 4 years later.... but who's counting? Note the lovely little 5 year old boy handprints in caulk on my freshly painted wall that I now have to sand and repaint.
I also decided that this is the year (by this I mean 2009) is the year I get my bedroom all fancied up instead of it being a gym and room for storing clean clothes. Elsie Flanigan's blog about her cute bedroom made me get all excited to do mine! I got the bed I have wanted for YEARS earlier this year and have still done nothing with the reast of the room (except put up my cool funky mirror). And for you naysayers out there appalled that the bed is not made.... get over it, it has a day job titles "Sean's fort." And the sheets don't match the room because my aunt gave them to me and they are the most silkiest, butteriest, most luxurious sheets that I have EVER SLEPT ON, so the color thing gets canceled out in my book! I think window treatments should be #1 on the list...lol. Number 2 is this, or something like it!

12 comments:
Oh, I think it came out exactly right..... LOL
LOL Mindy! I had an awesome day off yesterday! Got the bathroom all taken care of until next weekend, dump runs- check, laundry room- check! I was NOT rolling my eyes at your big bedroom plans! You were taking pictures of me while I was sleeping and that is why I rolled my eyes! LOL
LMBO at that last comment!! He looks a bit hungover maybe it wasn't such a good time to mention the things you wanted to do in the bedroom!! I think you are on the right track and doing a fantastic job with the bedroom and bathroom/bathrooms!! Now if I only had a house, lol...So glad y'all had a good weekend and a fun time wrapping gifts!! I don't think Sean minded a bit what the wrappings looked like, it is what is on the inside that counts!!
LOL- I wasn't hung over, either! I was watching football after eating pizza with my son and the Vikings didn't play until 4 PM so I took a nap and EVERYONE was so QUIET while I was sleeping! LMAO! I heard her taking pics so I woke up and told her to take a pic of me rolling my eyes! You need your own house, Mindy! I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! Of course, every Sunday is filled with a 'honey do' list but I really don't mind! I LOVE my house!
I'm pretty sure the bedroom will be the last thing on my list to work on too, which puts completion somewhere in 2017. I always justify it with the whole "well no one ever SEES it" thing, but it would probably be really relaxing when it's a fixed up.
The tile floors look great, that's another project that scares me a little!
It did us too... then we felt silly because it may be one of the easiest things we have done!
Colleen
this is totally unrelated but nicole told me that i needed to tell you on your blog that i had Acadia's famous turkey casserole today for lunch. I hadn't had it in years and it was every bit as good as i remember or even better!!! i usally don't eat that heavy especially for lunch but Mary, the cafe lady asked me "one scoop or two?" i wanted to scream "ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!"....i want the whole 13x20 pan!!!
colleen
i forgaot to add my name to casserole comment
OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SO miss that!!! That stuff was the BEST!!!!!!
Hope you are getting ready to get your DRUNK ON and GET DOWN AND DIRTY!!! PAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRTTTTTYYYYY
AWESOME BATHROOM! I love the color of your bedroom...I have never been in it or even peaked in there LOL...It's hard getting input from guys LOL...If you find fabric you like for curtains I can help make them...I can do a little sewing...nothing too fancy .. :)
BTW...Whooo Hooo Christmas party!!!!!
You know, sheets make great curtains... because the fabric is soooo wide and without seams. (wide for curtain panels is GOOOOOD...). So if you find a sheet pattern you like, use them on the windows and you can even make a duvet cover for your comforter out of them so everything matches nicely... The set you found online is nice but got to Target and read the reviews - not very satisfactory... :-( Try overstock.com?
I like the tile job in the bathroom, I wish you could come and do mine so I could get rid of the ugly minty green in my bathroom (the builder did it...)... Yay for finally getting a 'private' adults only(?) bathroom...
Post a Comment