Today I took Jessi and a friend to the high school state cheering competition. Dyan, Len, and Nick also came along but the sissy boys couldn't handle the wait in the cold and took off to do errands. I had no idea what I was getting into until I turned into the auditorium parking lot and saw the line all the way past the horse track! We stood in line freezin' our arses off for over an hour!! It was all worth it though, we had a BLAST! Some of the stunts those kids do are just CRAZY... I told Jessi that she had better ALWAYS be a base and not a flyer or I may have a heart attack seeing my kid getting thrown 20ft in the air! I wish I had thought to take a pic before the end when they were judging... I forget that as long as I have my phone... I have a camera!Hampden didn't place... Bangor too 3rd, then Lewiston, and Biddeford won. I'm sure you would have thought this blog was VERY lacking in detail had I not mentioned that ;-) ...and I am also sure you will sleep better tonight with that knowledge tucked safely away in all your little craniums :-D
Here's Biddeford's routine... gotta love that youtube..lol!
4 comments:
Ok - it's official. I am OLD - They (WE) did NOT have to do that stuff in MY (or your mother's)day...
Karen and I went to the mall today and we were wondering why it was PACKED with teenagers. Then Karen overheard someone say "we're here for the cheering competition." Those biddeford girls were insane!
That is AWESOME!! Definitely have to go next year!
Very awesome. My sister's girls have been doing cheer leading for a couple years now. They missed this season due to the move but they love it and can't wait to do it next year. I know it has changed a lot over the years. I am so impressed!
Post a Comment