Monday, May 28, 2012

Running Club... like Fight Club without the punching!

Dyan had a great idea a couple weeks ago. (Well... I'm sure she has had other great ideas before, and since, but I REALLY liked this one!)  Since there are several of us that are into running n' stuff, she thought it would be fun to all do it together on a regular basis, and it SO IS!!  We now run Tuesday and Thursday after work and Sunday mornings... and other times PRN ;-)  Like today... because it was a holiday and we didn't run yesterday for assorted reasons.  It is so perfect because we are all together, but at the same time, we separate out into little groups sorted by speed so everyone gets to go at their own pace.  I am in the slow group... for now ;-)

I LOVE this group of girls!  SO different from the people I used to hang out with that live so unhealthily and are 'proud of it' ....yet then spend hours bitching about all their health issues.  This group is FUN, and HEALTHY, and everyone is SO positive and encouraging to each other.  It's just a whole new vibe and it's fantastic.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Amen Sister!

Wendy said...

Sounds like a great group, keep it up!!