
I think I'll share a recipe today! Easy Peasy! Delicious! Comfort food... AND... GOOD FOR YOU!!!!! This recipe started out years ago as Weight Watchers Chili, but I have evolved it over the years. Still healthy though! This recipe makes a LOT because it's DELISH left-over!!
-1 pound of ground turkey or beef (We like turkey better for this... and only this...lol)
-2 cans of corn
-2 cans pinto beans
-2 cans small white beans
-2 cans small red beans
-1 can tomato sauce (just plain tomato sauce, not spaghetti sauce)
-2 packets of taco seasoning mix
-2 beef boullion cubes
Brown the Turkey and taco seasoning. While that is browning, I dump everything except the tomato sauce and beef cube into a colander and rinse it all off. Once the meat is browned, dump in everything, including the tomato sauce and a little water. Simmer for at least an hour. I usually start mine before General Hospital ;) ...and let it simmer til dinner at 530 (stirring occasionally).
Top with shredded cheese. My favorite is 2% Cracker Barrel Extra Sharp White... but I would never presume to tell anyone what sort of cheese they should top their chili with. Cheese is a very personal thing ;) ;)
P.S. The WW recipe also had a diced bell pepper (love em raw..hate em cooked), a can of mexican tomatoes w/green chilis (blech)
4 comments:
It IS yummy, too! I love it on chili dogs and just by itself! nice blog, Honey!
LOVES IT!! Always a hit here! I think I still have some in the freezer!!
yours sounds better than the ww one. I'm going to have to give this a try!
Mmmmm nothing like good Yankee chili!! I've even got my South Texas Hubby to eat it too!! LOL
Post a Comment