Sunday, November 18, 2007

I'll take an order of crazy with a side of whackadoo please.

Maybe it's the time of year... maybe it's the weather... maybe it's GLOBAL WARMING. It very well could be George W... but everyone seems to be feeling a little crazy lately, myself included. I woke up Saturday morning with the DESPERATE need to get the ghetto-dust-collecting black entertainment center out of my livingroom. So I emptied everything out of it onto the floor. Then I emptied everything (and there was a LOT) out of my scrapbooking room cabinet onto the floor in there.

Then I spent the next 3 hours trying to figure out how to hook everything (TV, dishnetwork, vcr, home theater, wii, switch box....)back up because I wanted to do it 'better' than I had it before. My success was extremely limited. I got the Wii 'in stereo' which RAWKS for Guitar Hero, but I can't figure out how to get the dish network in stereo. Not a big deal right now, since I can't control the volume of the home theater with a remote since Cooper chewed it up when he was still in his puppy-chewing phase, so that would be a nuisance not being able to control the TV volume.

Once I got everything hooked up, I looked around the house. There was crap E-V-E-R-Y-W-H-E-R-E!! The house was pretty messy even before I trashed it with my 'project' as I am not quite 'in the groove' with this whole 'working mom' thing (that MIGHT set a record for the most air quotes used in a sentence ever!). At this point I become so overwhelmed I told Sean to get his shoes on cuz we were going to Target.

When I called Nicole in a hysterical rant because I was feeling so stressed out that I tore apart my entire house... and just stressed in general, she says, "DUH... Can't IMAGINE why you are having issues." I said, "What are you talking about??" She says, "Hmmm.... your ENTIRE life has changed over the past few weeks. I'm pretty sure that might cause a little stress." I had a quiet 'AH-HA moment' and just realizing the source of my angst whisked most of it away!! Reason number 123 why Nicole rocks :)

Anyway... I decided that we all needed a little evening of fun, made some calls... did a LOT of quick cleaning with lots of help from Rick ;) ;) and ended the day with some Mike's Hard Berry, some spinach-artichoke dip and some Wii.... LOVES IT!!

(....just don't look in my scraproom)

5 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Nicole DOES rock! LOL! Had fun on Saturday night- as always!! Have you really kept track and it is really ONLY the 123 good idea she has come up with? LOL

Nicole said...

Yeah, I think there are way more reasons why I ROCK!!

Wendy said...

LOL....sometimes there is nothing like a GREAT friend to open your eyes!! Sounds like you had a good weekend and sometimes destroying the house isn't all that bad...Atleast Rick helped you straighten it back up!!

Artistically Twisted said...

Call me an idjit.... but when I read "figure out how to hook everything..." I read the second thing in parenthesis as "Dishwasher"
And I was like
"Holy crap if jules finds out that Colleen can get her frigin' dishwasher hooked up to surround sound and I can't even get our water temp and pressure set... she is gonna freak!"

So yeah... the first read through I was like She pretty much rocks on the uber-geek level and I am gonna need to hire her on the down low to get mine wired up.

Great time was had by all when we were over. AS ALWAYS.

Julie said...

I had a totally awesome time...and I think the scrapbook cabinet looks awesome with the TV stuff in it now...It is hard to "manage" life when you have more than one job...more than two jobs...even more than three. The Mom thing is way under appreciated. Zack just gave me a list of all my jobs...It was good he remembered but hell...Thanks for reminding me why I always look so friggin tired and lost LOL. And Oh Jerry don't get me going on the dishwasher!