We had a delicious and fun New Years Eve dinner tonight at 'Green Tea' with Len, Dyan, and Nick. RICK even tried and LIKED sushi! And we all thought the serving of the sushi on a big wooden boat was WAY cool ;-) We also thought it was WAY cool when the waitress took my order, and actually said.... "And theeeennnnn....." (think 'Dude, Where's My Car') I think we may have had the beginnings of a new tradition! The only downside was the very slow and forgetful waitress... but that didn't really bother me.My goal for the New Year is to keep sticking to the low carb thing and keep losing weight. I am leaving 2008 20 pounds lighter (ok... maybe a little less than that since the holidays, but that'll be a cinch to get back off again once I get back to it!), and I would like to end 2009 with at least another 20 pounds gone... hopefully more!! I would also like to take an adult ed class or something else enriching, and maybe volunteer somewhere. (I learned today that it can't be at the agency because of dept of labor reasons or some crap, which was a bummer because we get calls all the time from elderly, homebound people looking for someone to take them shopping every now and then and I would have loved to do that! --and it's not a huge time commitment)
Well... night owls we are not, so we have the New Year's Eve set on the DVR to watch tomorrow... only because the Jonas Brothers are performing ;-)
Good night and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

16 comments:
Happy New Year! I didn't know they had sushi at that restaurant too, I always stick to Ichiban. Yum!
Congrats with the low carb thing, that's awesome that you're sticking with it!
Except for the twenty minute wait for a beer, that restaurant was cool! I did like the sushi except for the mackerel! I am very proud of you sticking to it! I am restarting cardio today and you are more than welcome to join me if you want! Happy New Years, Ingrid!
I am no sushi expert, and I have never been to Ichiban, but Len says that he likes Ichiban sushi better.
I guess the big questions is... Does Ichiban serve their sushi on a big pirate ship!?
....note how I avoided all the cardio talk....
Happy New Year!!
I REALLY want to go there!! My parents LOVE it. I seriously think that in the last month they have been there at least a half dozen times.
Gotta find someone to go with me since I HIGHLY doubt that will be something Chris will go for on our Sunday date day!!
Jessi and I will go anytime! Jessi is STILL talking about it! And... they have regular Chinese food there too, and even FRENCH FRIES, so it's very "Chris Friendly" ;-)
...ok maybe not "ANYTIME" since my only main goal was to stick to low carb for the year... and unless they invent low carb sushi rice, I think that place will have to be a very once in a while kind of treat.
ALTHOUGH.... I guess I WOULD still go and have sashimi, miso soup and Edamame... those edamame there are to DIE for... SO salty and yummy!
we love green tea
we have gone there with our japanese friend a few times and so have been very brave about trying stuff
and he says it as good as itchy bum :)
i love the miso soup, the house salad, the japanese spring roll, the maki platter, the CZ roll, the mussles in wasabi mayo, endame...ok, just about anything...seriously, i haven't had anything there that i haven't liked
we mix the wasabi with the sou sauce and dig in...yummy!!!!
YIKES!! That's too spicy for my tastes!! I can't handle wasabi!
Ooops... that was me. But he can't handle it either...lol!
Bullshit! LOL
Bitch please. Who you tryin' to kid?
Happy New Year Ma'am!
I have had wasabi! It is spicy but not too bad! Happy New Years, Wendy!
Post a Comment