
I got the GREATEST crock pot book for Christmas. I have a million crock pot books, but they are the same old heavy types of foods that are nice on a cold winter day now and then, but not for everyday stuff. THIS one is different! There are tons of great recipes in from it that I can't wait to cook! And I am starting today! Tonight everyone is coming over and Mom and I are making 2 dishes from the book, Thai Pork with Peanut Sauce and Orange Hoisin Chicken. They are both VERY different than stuff we have ever had, but that's part of the fun of it...if they are yucky... oh well. ..lol! We also are firing up the rice cooker to steam up lots of jasmine rice to accompany our dishes... so at least we'll eat rice ;)
And here are a couple from xmas dinner that I never blogged about because I left my camera at Liz and Jrs and didn't go and get it til last night when I went to borrow Liz's crock pot.
P.S. 庆祝活动 <--- there is the word for celebratory activities in chinese, and here is how to say it... qìngzhù huódòng
....and here it is in Thai เลี้ยง
Just tryin' to keep ya all educated n' stuff LOL!!

6 comments:
Hope you all had an awesome Christmas! It's been busy here and this is our first day of rest :) It doesn't feel like Sunday though. More like Monday. :)
Thanks for educating me, lol...So how was the food? Looks like a really neat book! Love the photo of you and Jessi...
The chicken was really good, Wendy! The pork didn't do it for me.
I think I liked the pork better than the chicken, but neither are anything I am dying for again! Jessi LOVED them both and wants them added into the regular rotation! She's outta luck on that one!
I actually really enjoyed both dishes! :) I'm with Jessi - put it in the regular rotation! haha
Well then YOU can have the recipes and they can be a treat when the kids go to Auntie Kristie and Uncle Tim's house ;)
Jessi is telling ALL her friends how excited she is that she is finally going to have an aunt!
Post a Comment