Friday, April 03, 2009

More Cruise Deets (that's "details" for those of you not "in the know" about these things...ROFL)

So far on definitely on board... (hee hee... punny)

-Me and Rick and the kids
-Dyan, Len and Nick
-Karen, Corey, and their kids
-Nicole, Brhaun, and Sophie

Then there are a few maybes and hopefullys :)

We are looking at a Feb 22nd sail date ( <--- click for the sailing deets) ... that will ensure that those of us counting on those tax refunds for spending money have our cash! It also is AFTER school vacation and at the time of year you are ready to move far, far away from Maine and never come back!! We are planning to book in September to give everyone time to come up with deposit money. The deposit is $200 per person... which surprised me a bit that I would have to come up with $800 right out the gate since that's 3/4's of the whole cost of the cruise! At that link above you can also check out the shore excursions available. We can all do our own things obviously... I know that Rick and Sean want to go deep sea fishing and I can't WAIT to go para sailing!! There is also a pretty neat 'scavenger hunt/reality show type' excursion. Sean also really wants to go on the pirate ship cruise. You can also swim with the dolphins.... ride horseback on the beach at sunset... or ATV through the jungle!! HOW TO CHOOSE!!!????

P.S. Just a little FYI... Key Bank is giving away free GPS Navigators with opening a checking account, so I just opened one to put away money for the cruise straight outta my paycheck! Can't wait to get my freebee! Rick did it last year when they were giving away ipods!

8 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

How did you ever hear about such a fantastic idea?

Colleen said...

umm... I thought of it MYSELF of course!!

Nicole said...

ROFL!! LOVES IT!! CAN'T WAIT!! I hope that ship is ready for whats coming in February!!

Wendy said...

Sounds like Y'all are going to have a BLAST!!

Julie said...

I am not sure ... Yet...I want to go...What is the airfare...Where does it leave from?

Colleen said...

it leaves from Tampa, I think. Not sure about airfare yet, too early to book airfare.

Julie said...

To get to Orlando it was around 300 bucks apiece last time I checked that is why we are driving to FL this July not flying...That is where it gets expensive. Still have to think about it :)

Fonda C Butler said...

hey, I just came across your blog looking for scraptastic, and saw that you are planning a cruise,I'm goinging on imagination end of month with carnival, are you going 2010 or did you go this feb. I am so excited and have already gotten 3 upgrades from carnival. We also have already gotten $50.00 ship credits returned, our trip is around $700.00 the only bummer so far is that we have to pay for soda and water. Do you have any tips for my cruise. Oh I am taking my teenage daughter 15 plus and I hope I can keep her entertained. Nice blog.