Thursday, April 30, 2009
Little League
So... we had a little drama when I signed Sean up for Little League. In a nutshell..... He didn't want to do it. I said tough crap. Rick said if he didn't want to do it, he shouldn't have to. I said tough crap. I think sports are really important for kids!! They learn teamwork, patience, and good sportsmanship... ALL skills that Sean could use work on!! Not to mention they are OUTSIDE getting EXERCISE! I think a LARGE part of this countries problem of obesity is a direct result of people only doing "what feels good" and what they are "comfortable with." Sean would be FAR too happy, and comfortable to live in video game/TV land, but I don't want that for him. Yes... Little League was unknown and scary for him, and he's not the most athletically coordinated kid on the team, but he is having FUN with it!! he has made new friends, he looks forward to going, and he is catching on so quickly!! Last week when he was up at bat during practice, he struck out (after at least 10 pitches... they are really great coaches, so patient!!). Last night he hit a single and ended up making it all the way home!! He was SO excited after practice bragging about how good he did and how "awesome" he is at baseball and even though right now it's not exactly true, I am happy to let him think that, because soon, it just may be the truth!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Nice blog.
GO MOM! Totally the right thing to do "forcing" him to play! YAY*
Good for you Colleen for sticking to your guns and getting Sean involved in a sport!! I'm so glad he enjoyed himself and thinks baseball is cool, lol...Sometimes they need that little extra push!!
Post a Comment