Friday, May 29, 2009

High.

Between our trip to the beach and Tim and Kristie's photo shoot... and the 2 weddings I am shooting with Nicole this summer.... I am on a photography HIGH!! I even bought myself a fancy schmancy new zoom lens for shooting the weddings :-)

I always go back and forth about whether or not I want to make photography my career... and I always lean towards not because I don't want to suck the fun out of it. But I am definitely leaning towards doing a little 'sumthin sumthin' on the side!

I am also really wanting to do the teacher thing. I can't even count hoe many times in my life I have "looked into it" and gotten all the course info that I needed, and then put it on the backburner. But the drive feels a little stronger this time. Partly because I really want to work with middle school aged kids (I'm sure you can read between the lines there by thinking about what I am doing now.), and as a teacher a photography biz on the side would be a great summer thing... since that's when all the weddings are anyway!!

So.... we'll see if it hits the backburner again. There are a lot of roadblocks to that goal right now. The biggest of which to me is that to school takes time and money away from the family.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Yes, thanks for getting me all excited for that lens! I was perfectly fine with the ones I have but now I want that one! Might have to scoop it up before the wedding. The teacher gig is a pretty sweet one and if we both do that and photography on the side it will rock!
We just should probably NOT teach at the same school........TROUBLE!!!

Rick Jordan said...

You know you have my blessing if you decide to do that!

Kristie said...

Sometimes "loving" your career is far better than the money you could be making in a job you think is so-so. I know I already told you but you got great reviews from the people I work with on our engagement photos. You've got a great eye and you just let us relax and do what we wanted to - it made it fun!

Julie said...

You take amazing photos. They seem to get better and better all the time! I'm always captivated by how you capture the color and light and I don't know what it is that makes them look so much better than the crap I snap. It's a talent and you definitely have it.