Friday, July 09, 2010
Popham Beach
Today Karyn and I decided to bite the bullet and FINALLY take the looooooooong jaunt to "the best beach in Maine." It turned out to not be the best day for our trip, but we had a great day anyway. I was not really at the top of my game today. I had a lot weighing on my mind, and then the stomach issues kicked in. Lessons learned... eat a good breakfast before making a 2.5 hour drive to to the beach, don't eat corn and avocado salsa on a hot day on an empty stomach... and well... there were other lessons learned too that are not blog material. Nothing like sprinting from the ocean to the "facilities" that seemed about 12 miles away ;-)
It was SO FREAKIN' FOGGY at the beach that if I went there again, i wouldn't even recognize it. We tried to boogey board for about 5 minutes... but there had to have been other weather issues affecting the water because the undertow and currents were SO BAD that Sean started to get swept out to sea and THANK GOODNESS that Karyn's husband Corey came along and was able to get to him and fight the waves to drag him back in. I have a feeling Corey is going to be one sore guy tomorrow. ....and this is why taking the kids to the ocean causes me to have heart palpatations!! I don't think I could have held it together had I been the one chasing Sean as he drifted away and then fighting the current and undertow to bring him back. I would have been a freakin train wreck of tears and screaming. Men freakin' rule and anyone who thinks that men and women are all the "same" ...is an idiot.
Would I go back to Popham. Totally! But... not sure it's a day trip. Maybe there is a Mariott nearby??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment