Thursday, August 05, 2010

Art may imitate life... blogging, not-so-much

I used to blog a lot.  A really lot.  When I was a stay-at-home mom, what the hell else did I have to do really??  Blogging was easy... and blogging was a good outlet for some semblance of adult interaction.

Blogging is not as easy anymore... and not as fun.  I am the type of person who is pretty much an open-book.  I'll tell ya anything you want to know, and I'll even tell you stuff you really didn't want to know.... LOL.  But I don't have the same life that I used to have.  My easy open-book life is now actually kind of complicated with secrets, lies, and awkwardness.  Stuff I can't blog about because my blog is public and I no longer only have myself to think about like I used to.  I kinda hate it sometimes cuz I hate talking in  "vagues" ...but I love it more than I hate it.

Before, my life was boring, and my blog was interesting.  Now... my life is interesting, but my blog is kinda boring.

I suppose this is good practice for when I start teaching.  Not sure what I will do about my blog then.  Can I still have one?  Do I have to make it private? Just remove my name and location from it?  I think even then it's still google-able from cached previous posts.  If I have to make it private... what's the point really?  Oh well... worry about it when the time comes I guess.  That's how I roll.


P.S. This is not some dramatic "I quit the internet" statement... just some random thoughts from a girl on vacation with a little extra time.

No comments: