Friday, August 20, 2010

Tomorrow is my first 5k race

Up until about 5 minutes ago, all I have felt was excitement and empowerment.  Not sure exactly what happened 5 minutes ago, but suddenly in creeped a serious case of.. "What the FUCK was I THINKING!??"  I am in week 4 of the Couch to 5k program.  I am doing FANTASTIC on the program. I never have to stop and walk during the running segments, AND I am running extra at the end because... well I just wanna.  But I am nowhere NEAR running a full 3.1 miles.  Which is fine because this 5k is a run'walk 5k... but still... part of me feels like I will still come in last even after the walking people.  (maybe that stems from 6th grade when I thought I would join the cross country team because my friends were on it and came in last at every race and practice until I quit)


Yeah Yeah Yeah... "Who CARES if you come in last... you should just be proud to finish..." blah blah freakin blah...  LOL


OK... maybe that is out of my system now.

I WILL DO THIS THING!!!!!!!!!!!   


Peace out.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you will do this! And yes... blah, blah, blah... you should be proud that you are doing this no matter where you come in. BUT you are going to rock this thing. Walk when you need to walk, and just do what you've been doing on the training, you'll do GREAT!