Sunday, May 20, 2012

Back to life

Yesterday I noticed that for the past several months our whole house has been in mourning.  I knew we were all having a tough time, but until yesterday, I didn't realize how quiet and sad the whole atmosphere around here has been.  The kids were not having friends over, everyone was staying segregated into one area, and it was just quiet.  Too quiet.  This house is not used to quiet.

The only reason I noticed it is because yesterday things were feeling not 'back to normal' ...we don't know what our normal will be yet, but the house felt ALIVE again.  Jessi had a whole bunch of friends over to help me color her hair, Sean had a friend over for a sleepover.  Jessi and I did a couple hours of volunteer work in the morning.  Rick and I worked around the yard and house.  It was a gorgeous, sunny day.  Was it perfect?  Not by a long shot.  Am I super excited to move out and move on?  HELL YES!

It was SO great to hear girls screaming and laughing, and boys yelling and running around.  I didn't even know I was missing it until it came back.  I didn't even bother yelling at them when it was all still going on at 1am ;-)

P.S.  Ignore the cats in the photo.  The 'add cats to your pics' app for iphone is all the rage in the teenage set right now ;-)

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice cats ;)

Wendy said...

You said it...Mourning, that is what divorce is like...Mourning the loss of the old way of life and starting over, no fun!! Glad your getting it all under control and attempting to make it right!! Good Luck, you are a strong person and I know you can do it!!