Thursday, September 27, 2007

Gulf Hagas


Not my photo ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Looks like we are REALLY DOING IT!!! Gulf Hagas!! I am super excited!! I have been reading website after website about the trail and some of it is pretty scary! I e-mailed Kristie this morning and said...

"If the trail is really narrow and it's a mile down free-fall... Or If I am fatter than that trail is wide... I'll be happily turning back ;) LOL
But I want to be sure that you guys will still go on. There is LOTS there for me to take pictures of and stuff and I would really want you guys to go on even if I chicken out. PROMISE YOU WILL GO ON.... Unless you are scared too. LOL"


(and now for some reason blogger won't let me turn italics off)

It should be so gorgeous there!! I *think* the leaves will be their peak or color... or maybe just a little bit past. The water will probably not be as rushing as it is in this photo since by fall most rivers and streams are pretty low.... but who knows?? I've never been there... and the leaves in this photo are starting to turn, so maybe it WILL be just like it is in the photo. Either way, it should be quite an adventure and I can't wait to take photos of my OWN!!!

17 comments:

Kristie said...

WAHOO GULF HAGAS!!!

Rick Jordan said...

LOL- have fun! I bet you will!

Anonymous said...

colleen
jimmy and i and deb did gulf hagus several years ago
i hope you enjoy ....for us, never again!!!!

Lisa(Nanny)

Colleen said...

LOL... uh-oh... now I am really scared!!!

Anonymous said...

it took forever cause we avoided the trail going in so we were climbing over rocks, some of them i had to get on my belly and crawl over so i wouldn't plunge to my death
then on the way back we took the trail out, much easier hike but it started pouring and all i had on was shorts and running tank top, i became hypothermic and thought i would die
jimmy screaming at me to keep moving to keep warm, and telling me that i should have more meat on my bones cause he was fine
i was so happy to get back to the car
when any of us hear gulf hagus now we have PTSD
:)
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hiked once....Fell in a brook...Hurt both my knees and cut my legs up so bad I have scars still. I guess I am not really into that kinda stuff anymore. It was good fishing though when I got there.... :) That was the trip with Mr. Stevens in Highschool.

Rick Jordan said...

We actually went to Gulf Hagas on Mr Steven's field trip the year I went! I am not one those people who is blown away by scenery and the fishing stunk so I wasn't all that impressed! It seemed pretty dangerous but I don;t remember thinking my life was in danger! Sounds like you had wuite a harrowing experience, Lisa!

Anonymous said...

like i said ...never again and this is from someone who has run two marathons

Lisa

Artistically Twisted said...

I guess I will be the guy that pretends I know where it even is.


Ooooooooh "GULF HAGAS" So Named for the Scottish Culinary wonder made of crap wrapped in Sheep's stomach...
Why The view alone was incredibly dangerous but the Danger was Beautiful.... beautiful Like a left handed midgit jello wrestler.

The sights took your breath away... and if the sights didn't then It was the yetis... the have a summer home in the gulf...

DO NOT taunt them with beef jerky... if you think that sasquatch get's pissed... you should see a beef jerky deprived Yeti... NOT pretty!

I will tell you though... I highly recommend the part where you need to use scuba gear. THAT was great... except for the sharks and the leeches!

...And that is how I spent my summer vacation.

Oh and be careful of alien abduction.... They are VERY active this time of year. You can usually hear them coming though... because they ALL listen to Daughtry.

Good Times!

Rick Jordan said...

Because they all listen to Daughtry? Laughed my butt off at that! Does that mean they all watch Idol, too? I have to say though that when I was abducted, they were listening to Steely Dan and they abused me- SEXUALLY!

Colleen said...

You are both wackos....LOL!!

Rick Jordan said...

You should be proud that I was abducted! They put a micro chip in my head that makes me a good husband! And we aren't wackos- we are excentrict!

Colleen said...

Or Eccentric, maybe?? Spellcheck much??

Rick Jordan said...

I spelled it wrong for red neck emphasis! Remember, we both have bachelor's degrees! Oh wait, you don't have yours yet! LOL

Colleen said...

WHAT_EVER!!!!!! You won't be able to throw that one at me anymore in a couple months so use it while you can :-P

Rick Jordan said...

I KNOW!! Why do you think I am digging it out now? You think I am the biggest idiot to ever walk the planet and I am here to tell you that there are one or two people more idiotized than me! I know- they drive a truck for Hartt!

Wendy said...

ROFL...Oh Colleen and Rick you are just to FUNNY!!! Good luck Colleen with the trail, sounds like my kind of fun!! Just be careful or we'll be seeing photos of a cast!! Ekkk....