Sunday, April 06, 2008

If you are a delicate flower... skip this post cuz there is gonna be a LOT OF SWEARING!!!!!!!

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!! I FUCKING HATE OUR FUCKING BASEMENT!!! Today was SUPPOSED to be a nice day with friends, photos, and BBQing. INSTEAD we woke up to five fucking inches of water in our stupid ass basement because the stupid bitch of a sump pump died overnight. Actually.... fuck even blaming the sump pump.... let's get right fucking to it. We didn't know that the hell we were doing when we built this stupid house and fucked everything all up. If we had HIRED someone to do the groundwork and foundation, surely they would have made sure that the drainage was done properly. But at the time, all I fucking cared about was cabinets and countertops and getting it fucking FINISHED so that we could get out of that nasty ass apartment.

the water would have sucked no matter what... but it sucks even MORE because the basement is a FUCKING WARZONE of a disaster. Because yet again.... Who cares if we have stairs out the bilco to the outside as long as we have a really cool KITCHEN ISLAND, RIGHT!!??? So junk and crap and shit we don't need and "where-should-I-put-this-I-don't-know-put-it-in-the-basement" and construction materials are EVERYWHERE... and now they are FLOATING everywhere... soon to be fucking MOLDING everywhere!!!!

What really burns my butt is that I have called FIVE contractors over the past couple weeks to come and properly grade our yard and NONE have shown up when they said they were going to. (Not that it would have been done yet, but STILL!) I have also called a couple carpenters to come give estimates on building the stairs down there. I was ON IT!!! WHY NOW!!!?? I didn't NEED a FUCKING REMINDER from the Basement Flood God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am DONE fucking being lazy about the shit that needs to get done around here. No more Mrs. Fun Lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

WOW! You might have topped me on the swearing and cussing! I was pretty mad in my blog but I think you got me beat!

Anonymous said...

My, my, my, my, my... Your mother and I just read your blog - actually I read it to your mother (verbatim - rofl!) after she explained about your fun morning! (Been there... done that!!! A few times in fact.) Along with your mother, I, having experienced this very thing, am VERY sorry you're going to have such a bitch of a wet, damp to the bone, cold day cleaning up that mess in the basement. Just keep nursing the thought (along with a stiff alco beverage) that you will have a very neat and tidy basement after you've thrown out all of your basement treasures! (And the kids will be having a ball...) Ofcourse, it goes without saying that if you had put shelves up or placed some pallets on the floor down there, most of the stuff you actually wanted to keep probably would have been salvagable... HOWEVER, WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THOSE EITHER, when we had what seemed to be the ENTIRE wetlands flooding into our basement (Spring 2006). But I SURE DO have LOTS of shelving NOW, even if they are ALL STILL IN THEIR CARTONS in the GARAGE and are NOT INSTALLED! So, it's probably just a matter of time before we get to slog through another WTF moment, just like the one you are experiencing today. I think maybe I'll see about moving those cartons to the basement. That way THEY can get soaked too when that time comes. I feel your pain.

Colleen said...

LOL... thank you!!

I am going to have so much shelving down there, it's going to look like a STORE!!! LOL!!

I remember the flooding in your area, I even blogged a photo about it when it happened!

Nicole said...

OH MY! I loves me a good F-ing blog post!

Anonymous said...

Your mother said you'd probably think me a fucking bitch for posting about the shelving... rofl

Colleen said...

LOL... no, but ONLY because you made the same mistake and still haven't done anything about it ;) Kinda like how it's ok for black people to call each other a certain word... but white people can't... (not that they should ...but you get the point) ;)

Julie said...

OMG how awful! We are lucky that we don't get water in our basement, but we don't have anything down there but dirt floors and moldy crap. Hope it all dries out. The funny thing is I think you guys live in the area of Hampden called the "Highlands" ROFLMAO.... Hope nothing is ruined! This has been a bad year for snow. Hopefully this will never happen again. :(

Rick Jordan said...

I am with you on the never happening again part! Thank you for tuning Jessi's new guitar!

Wendy said...

Ouch...I disappear for a bit and you end up with a mess...I feel for you!! We will not have a basement in our new house...thank goodness!! Can't say as I blame you for wanting to get out of an apartment, I would love to get out of this rental house, sigh!! I hope you get things straightened out and cleaned up...