Monday, May 26, 2008

I need a long weekend to recover from my long weekend!

I didn't take many pics this weekend... too busy having FUN! But I did take some tonight... so don't worry... you'll have SOME pics!! (LOL... I know you were REALLY WORRIED and probably would not have slept tonight had I not posted some pics)

Friday was errand day... and Jessi had a sleepover, of course. After I ran errands I went home, was fooling around on 2peas and after reading a few threads about Wii Fit and how great it is... I packed up the kids and we went to Walmart to get it. Yes, I am a tad on the impulsive side :-D we played LOTS of that on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday. I played so much on Saturday that my abs (I have ABS!!!????) hurt so much that I had to call Jerry and Julie and ask them to bring some advil when they came over because I was all out and it even hurt to just SIT!

Saturday night Tim and Kristie and Jerry and Julie and Heather (friend of Julie's from high school that is visiting from Georgia. I knew her too, but we were more acquaintences) and her husband came over to hang out. The plan was to maybe play some Balderdash or Wii or something, but we never made it away from my kitchen island! Jerry and Julie had to pretty much drag Zack home because he was having so much fun playing Wii Fit, but it was 1130pm!!

Sunday I slept in a bit, worked around the house a little, played more Wii Fit ;) Then Nicole came to pick me up and we went to a BBQ at Dyan's house in Orono. It was a BLAST!! Good food, met lots of new people, and had GREAT fun playing Guitar Hero... Wii Bowling... and "Would you Rather....." I have GOT to get the 'would you rather' book... it won't be quite the same without Len (Dyan's mate...partner...SO...boyfriend... you get the idea ;) ) reading from it and posing the questions, but I think Jerry could CERTAINLY do it justice ;-) Anyway... the party was a blast and I my face hurt afterwards from laughing so much!


On to TODAY!

Today was a much quieter day. I slept in... tooled around on the computer looking at puppies that I want or that other people should get. (I am IN LOVE with this dog and I totally want to bring him home and let him have a happy reast of his life with us!) Rick and I watched some old eps of 'Top Chef.' Then I remembered that Ken wanted to buy one of Jessi's famous cheesecake pies, and we needed some other stuff, so we all went to Walmart. We saved $175 there! We had been planning on buying a new grill, but while looking at them, Rick noticed that they sold parts, and he got the part to fix his for $25! So yeah... a shiny new grill woulda been nice... but we did the RESPONSIBLE thing for once. Rick spent about an hour fixing the grill while Jessi made her pie and I made potato salad. Then he took out the steaks to start cooking them and we RAN OUT OF PROPANE... ROFL!!!!!! Since Rick is as impulsive as I am, he decided that he was going to cook the steaks over an open fire. Yeah... this blog is already too long... so I'll let him share THAT story over on his own! I am off to go eat some steak!!




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Worth the wait! Totally awesome pics! I love the steak ones! Glad you had a good weekend!

Nicole said...

I had a great time at the party and my stomach hurt from laughing so hard and my arms hurt from wii boxing.
I think Jerry could totally pull off asking the "Would you rather" questions. Len was hysterical but Jerry is one of the funniest guys I have ever met so I totally think he can do it!
I would like to thank you for turning me in to a wino too. I have had a glass or two for the last couple of nights, it is tooo yummy!!!!

Colleen said...

Sangria RAWKS!!!!!!!!!