Saturday, September 18, 2010

Tomorrow is race day.... and the end of the Couch to 5k wager!

Tomorrow I run another 5k.  I should be able to actually RUN a lot more than my last 5k.  I don't think I can run the whole time, so there will be some walking.

I was SO beating myself up about this for awhile there.  I felt a bit cheated by the couch to 5k program.  Which I realize is silly, because had I started day 1 on the program as a normal sized person, I surely COULD be running the whole thing now... but since I am basically carrying around another person with me when I run,... well you get the idea.  I have had SO many cheerleaders throughout this whole thing, it has been so nice.  I love that I have great people in my life that can tell me when I am being very stupid. That whether I can run the whole thing or not... 8 weeks ago I wasnt doing ANYTHING.  I ran a whole fucking MILE the other day without having to stop to walk.  In the beginning I could probably not have run to the mailbox and back.  The other day it was raining when I got to work so I RAN into the office from my car... when I set my stuff down in my office, I was shocked to notice that I wasn't even out of breath!

So yeah.  I rule.  Maybe I won't be able to run the entire time tomorrow... but I am sure as hell going to try. AND I stuck to the program!!!  Which means I won the bet with Johnny who was positive I would quit (hey... can't blame him based on my track record...lol) and he has to bring me my fountain diet pepsi every day this week.  HA!  It is such a nuisance to carry 2 sodas around... hee hee.  AND I am not quitting... by the 5k turkey trot race, I WILL be able to run THE WHOLE EFFING THING!!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

WOOOT WOOOOT!!!! Yeah baby!! You rock. Very proud of you!! I will be right beside you the whole way tomorrow!!