Monday, January 23, 2012

Broken

I somehow managed to break my tooth AND my abs this weekend.  The tooth was thanks to a skittle (ok.... in defense of the skittle, it's also the fault of the girl who was supposed to have a crown put on said tooth after a root canal a couple-few years ago and never did).  It doesn't hurt, but the dentist can't get me in til Wednesday and that's just irritating.

Annnnnnnd.... I totally broke my abs on the left side.  My left... not yours.  LOL  They were already sore from the workout I did with a friend on Thursday.  But then I slipped in the driveway Saturday and caught myself and wrenched my back and my abs.  They say it's almost better to just let yourself fall rather than jar your whole body trying not to.  They do.  I heard them. Then at Yoga class on Sunday I was doing downdogupdog or some crap and felt it RRRRRRRIIIIIIPPPPPPP!  It hurt.  A lot.  And it still does.  I can't even roll over in bed at night without waking right up to say "OW!!"

I was going to go for a run today anyway.  But I guess I will skip it today and give myself a little break.  After telling this story to a co-worker today, he said "Can you do ANYTHING in moderation!??"  Ummm.  No.  No, I can't.  Maybe that's something I should work on someday.  Nah.  I am impulsive.  I am maybe a little reckless.  I am ALL IN... until I am ALL OUT.  It's who I am.

No comments: