Thursday, January 05, 2012

Hoodies, Fat, and well.... Fat.

Check out my sweet new customized Jets hoodie ;-)  LOOOOOVES IT!!!!  (And I shall wear it proudly even IF the Jets are currently in full-on crash-and-burn mode.  I must confess.  I hate that they didn't make the playoffs... but I am LOVING this drama!!  I haven't even watched General Hospital all week!  LOL)

Dude, I gained SEVEN FREAKIN POUNDS over the holidays!!  What a freakin' loser I am!!  LOL  I was a total lazy fat-ass and ate a whole lotta shit!    Trying to find a way to get back to real life.  Still missing running outside... a lot.  I joined the Y today in an attempt to get back "ON IT" (as Karyn and I say!)  My FAVORITE Zumba instructor teaches there and I am being encouraged by friends to try 'spin class.'  For some reason I am TERRIFIED of this.  How dumb is that??  It's just that everything I have ever seen about it is INTENSE INTENSE INTENSE!!!!!!!  I am picturing supermodels and pro-athletes cycling away... and then me... fat girl in the back-- bright red, panting, and noticing as people keep glancing her way hoping to see the moment she passes out and falls off the bike so that they will have a great story to tell at parties.


5 comments:

Ingrid said...

I don't understand how you can be cool with Zumba, but scared of spinning. Then again, I'm terrified of both, so what do I know? And EVERYONE gains weight over the holidays. I wouldn't beat yourself up about it at all, considering how great you've done. When you posted something about running over a mile, I was pretty envious. I can run exactly 79 feet right now without wanting to drop dead.

I took my pain meds recently. Can you tell? They make me all talky.

Anonymous said...

I gained 5 pounds over Thanksgiving, finally got it off the day before heading out to Katherine's for Christmas, where I gained 4 back… Still working on getting that off… You've done an awesome job thus far - today is a clean slate.

As for taking a Spin class and being the fat girl panting in the back? That's crap and it has no place renting space in your head. Everyone there will respect you for being there. If you get out there running, can do Zumba, you can do this too. And what do you care what anyone thinks anyway. Are you doing this for someone else, or are you doing it for YOU.

Anonymous said...

BTW, I have it on good authority that there are no super-models currently living in the Bangor Maine region...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I agree with Ingrid and Auntie Joyce. I, too, gained weight (8 lb) over the holidays; hmmm, maybe actually since I came home to work, instead of going into the office. I hated the scale (damned truth-teller), even though I knew it already from the fit of my clothes. I am trying to stay away from "If only I had..." thoughts, but it's true: If I had done something, ANYTHING, to keep my joints and body flexible (no matter what I weighed), I would have a lot more freedom now. So, Colleen, that edge you're working...? Believe me, the pay-off is priceless!

P.S. LOVE the hoodie!