Today we went berry picking. We THOUGHT the blackberries would be ready. We were wrong. I couldn't go COMPLETELY without a camera, so I used the kids camera (my old little, tiny, old, little, point and shoot).
Debunking the "You have such a great husband" myth ;) ;)
This would have been a lot nicer if the colors weren't so freaky! ::sigh:: I can't WAIT to get my new camera!!
We came home with ZERO berries and my hopes of making the Pioneer Woman's Blackberry Cobbler are dashed for today. Which reminds me... I need to get one of those microplane zester thingies at that great kitchen store in North Conway....DON'T LET ME FORGET!!!
7 comments:
You asked for it! You were throwing sticks at me, pine cones- whatever you could get your hands on! Only you could ruin a perfectly fine family outing! LOL
OMG you are a freakin lunatic!! LOL
I threw NOTHING!!!!
You threw everything you could get your hands on! Spiders, deer poop, sticks, pine cones! LOL- weirdo!
I was thinking that the blackberry's had gone past already. Of course the ones I grow may have already been eaten.... :)Wish we had raspberry's here because Zack loves them I will have to put some bushes in one of these years...I do have blackberry's but they are so over grown I never try and pick them. Maybe Next year LOL
Well according to my blog post last year...
http://porchrockers.blogspot.com/2006/08/today-we-went.html#links
We didn't go berry picking until Aug 24th, so either we were too late or too early... or the berries were later last year????
The great husband myth.... I have hear this fairy tale.... it is the story told around campfires.
>:0)
Oh Colleen I so needed this today!! LOL...And what is it with Men and that middle finger thingy...they sure like using it and messy up a perfectly fine photo! Happens all the time here, sigh!! Wow a woman after my own heart, have you ever thrown mashed potatoes? It makes a beautiful mess, LOL...and gets their attention!! Love the photo of copper and stitch even if you did use the point and shoot camera! As to the black berries, they call them dew berries down here and I have bushes in my front yard...They were ripe and ready in June and I didn't pick a one but watched the cardinals massacre them, lol...What is that doo-hicky thingy your picking up at the kitchen store, never heard of it!! LOL...You've got a GREAT family Colleen and thank you for sharing your berry picking or attempt at berry picking experiences...I enjoyed the chuckles this morning...now time to wake the munchkin for his Dr's. appt and vaccinations, Ekkk!!
Post a Comment