We are home! Well.... SOME of us are ;) Rick, Sean, B and Grampa stayed another night but the girls and I came home today because I am taking Jerry, Julie and Zack to the airport tomorrow morning at 5am. Also... I was ready to be HOME! I enjoy camp, but I enjoy about 4 days of camp. After that I am ready for life in the modern world.
We had a VERY nice week... and I have a TAN!!! That is an occasion in itself because I am irishly white and not usually out in the sun enough to do much more than get an occasional burn. This week I was out all the time swimming, going for little walks, and just sitting on the dock watching the kids and the loons and lovin' life!!
I took about a zillion pictures, and deleted a least a willion of them ;) I kept only the good ones. It was nice having my computer there to play with, even without the internet. I played with photoshop, the kids played games and watched Ace Ventura enough times that I could recite the script now (ok....ok.... I know I am not fooling anyone... those of you that know me IRL know that I already KNEW the script long before the kids were even born...lol!! 'Do you KNOOOOOOW the dolphin???? Does he call you at HOOOOOOME??? DO YOU HAVE A DORSAL FIN!!!!???' ROFL!!!!). I also did LOTS of reading! I caught up on all my magazines and have bazzillions of ideas buzzing in my head courtesy of Martha Stewart, Creating Keepsakes, and Cooks Illustrated! I also read a very fun book called Darkly Dreaming Dexter. I took it out of the library for Rick to read, but I ended up hogging it all week... and BONUS... it's a series so I can't WAIT to get my hands on the rest of the books... and DOUBLE BONUS.... when I just went to Amazon.com to get the link I realized that the showtime series Nicole has been raving about and that book are one in the same!!! So I have some DVD's to look forward to also!
So... in a nutshell ... vacation was great... home is great too!!
6 comments:
Welcome Back!! You have some great pic's! How 'bout those ducks, huh? If you feed them they come back constantly! =o) I had tons of duck pictures, but deleted most because in the end they all looked the same!
Great pics! Looks like you guys had fun! Camp breakfast is the BEST especially when JR. is cooking it!!
I picked up the Martha Stewart and Cooks Illustrated mags after talking to you and I am loving them!! The Dexter show is GREAT. I had been thinking about reading the books.
The pictures are so awesome. Wish I had that gene....I never think ... hey this would be an awesome picture....Jerry does but he always forgets his camera LOL....I have wanted to watch that DEXTER show but I don't get the channel it is on. See you tomorrow...Thank you SOOOOO much for being able to pick us up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is Nicky? He must be so glad to have his family back...I think he just missed you guys so much. Jerry fixed the couch so he wouldn't get trapt again. :)
Welcome HOME!! I missed the laughter while you were gone...LOL....I see your feet enjoyed their vacation!! You took some great photos, loved the slide show!! It looks like the cabin and lake were just perfect!! Wish I'd been there instead of roasting here in South Texas :o( Thanks for the comment on the dragonfly! It seems if I go out there at the right time they are resting...full bellies from all the mosquitos they are munching on I suppose!! Well off to work on a layout, can't wait to see the layouts you create with the photos from vacation!!
AWESOME slide show, Honey! You captured the spirit of camp perfectly! Glad you had fun and got lots of good pictures!
great photos!! Love the one of Sean looking off to the side! Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment