Sunday, March 16, 2008

For a Sunday... we've been pretty busy!!

After a little AM veggin' the kids and Rick went off to the Sportman's show, and I headed off to meet Nicole at the gym. We skipped the machines today and went for the free weights. I am ALREADY sore, so I can't imagine what I'll feel like in the morning!! We had a great time though... there was only 1 other older couple there and the woman laughed and told us that we were having WAY too much fun :-D After the gym, we went to Subway for lunch.
When I got home, the yard was FULL of birds! Blue Jays, Robins, Cardinals, Chickadees, Doves, and even a big woodpecker! Of course they all flew away when I ran in the house to grab my camera. Stupid birds.
After giving up on the birds, Jessi's friend Mikayla came over to make T-Shirts for the concert on Wednesday. Unfortunately, Rick got a little overzealous with the laundry and the shirts were in the washing machine, so while we waited for the shirts the kids helped me coat my "Lephracaun Balls" (hee hee... oreo balls with a little green sugar sprinkled on top) for the pot luck at work tomorrow. Then we went to the pool for a swim.
When we got back from swimming, the shirts were dry and ready to be painted!





The girls are SUPER excited about the concert... the SOLD OUT concert, I might add!! It should be fun! I've even got the Jonas Brothers music all loaded up on my Zen so that I'll be able to sing along ;)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Colleen said...

I love me some blog spam!

Wendy said...

LMAO...you gotta take the good with the bad when your on the internet...
Loved the bird photos...that blue jay flying was fantastic!! To bad the rest of the birds didn't stick around, lol...I would have loved to have seen the photos...of course then I would get depressed because of my crappy camera, lol...Thanks for sharing Colleen...Looks like Jessie is excited! Your all going to have a blast and can't wait to read the blog...Do they still not let you take cameras into concerts...The last concert I was at was back in the 80's, lol...

Rick Jordan said...

You have a nice blog here! Please buy Cheese Doodles! LOL

Anonymous said...

Cheese doodles?? You are a wierdo!

Julie said...

The girls must be beside themselves. Or did you already go? I know some of those kids songs because they are on TV all the time. They are cute kids. I would probably love them if I was 12! Hell I was in love with Jon Bon Jovi when I was 12. I think the Jonas Brothers are much cuter LOL...

Julie said...

Oh...P.S. I have an old Movie screen stand. The old one that pulls down. Do you think you would like it to make a back drop with or something? I have never known what to do with it. Then yesterday I thought it would be cool to drape fabric on or use for a backdrop. You could paint it or something. Let me know. It's yours if you want it.

Anonymous said...

I am still in love with Jon Bon Jovi :D

And yes... the stand would be way cool!!!

Kristie said...

I was just day dreaming about those oreo balls! HONESTLY! I was remember how they were so good, but they upset my stomach if I eat too many because they're sweet. =o) Would you want to make some of those and your spinach dip for our housewarming party?? I think we're going to do a pot luck w/ a BBQ.

Colleen said...

Sure!

Kristie said...

I just re-read my comment - it sounds like either I'm a foreign student or plan 'gifted'

Rick Jordan said...

My blog worked! You bought cheese doodles! And I am the gullible one! LOL

Colleen said...

Kristie, I believe it's called "special" ;)