Rick let the cat out of the bag that I am sick... again. I probably wouldn't have even admitted it on here because I have been sick so much this winter that it's freakin embarrassing! This time it really feels more like an allergy kind of thing though. On Friday I took a Benadryl from someone at work and it KNOCKED ME OUT! I was loopy for the last hour of work and when I went home, I went to bed at 430 and slept all night til the next day!! No more Benadryl for this girlie!
Saturday morning, I sat in the den wallowing in self-pity and phlegm. I got sick of that after awhile and agreed to suck it up, take some Mucinex (the BEST stuff EVER!), and take the kids, and friends of course, to the YWCA Spring Fair (which I HATE and swore I wouldn't go to this year even after Rick got free tickets, What can I say, I 'm a sucker.) I didn't even bother to bring my camera because I wasn't feelin' it. We were there forEVER!! It was wristband evening, so the kids could ride all they wanted to and they took FULL advantage. We were there so long that I noticed we'd still be there when Nicole's daughter, Sophie was going to be preforming, so we decided to stay and watch her. It was a VERY cute performance which you can see some pics of over on Nicole's Blog.
Today pretty much rocked!! Nicole took me out to lunch for my birthday and gave me some kick ass presents, including a hand made necklace that I COMPLETELY {HEART} and was secretly (and not-so-secretly) hoping that she was going to give me because she is a FANTASTIC jewelry maker!! A skill I will never possess ;) After lunch we did a kid-free little shopping, which is a rarity these days, since we are both so busy. I stocked right up at the Yankee Candle store, they have some GREAT new scents this season!
On the way home from shopping... the Mucinex wore off... and now I feel like a mouth-breather and like my eyeballs are going to pop out. So enough bloggy bloggy.
Hope you all had a great weekend too!!
2 comments:
Okay, so this comment is just about to jinx the crap out of myself BUT... I haven't been sick this winter. Which is actually pretty crazy because I think half of my work was out with a nasty flu like cold over a months time. Tim was really sick a couple of weeks ago but I never caught it. Maybe I'm a superhero? Super strong Immune System Girl??
LOL to Sean and his face painting episode and UGH to you ma'am...Well don't feel like your alone...It's been a wicked winter for us regarding sickness too...This is the first year that we've been sick through most of it...Now hubby and Michael are sick again, ugh!! Michael went to the doctor first time ever, other than yearly check ups...It's awful and I completely understand what your going through Colleen...This time around it's upper respiratory infections...so far (fingers crossed) I haven't gotten it but I'm popping sinus/allergy pills like mad, lol....Hope you feel better soon...That musinex is wonderful stuff...but we also use a lot of benedryl here...it doesn't work for everyone!! Take care ma'am and get plenty of rest!
Post a Comment