Wednesday, October 15, 2008

You won't BELIEVE what _I_ did last night!!!!



It was pretty much a case of “shit or get off the pot.” I ordered all the photos I needed to put in albums or scrapbook form 2007 several months ago. They have been sitting in a box since that ONE time this year when I scrapped a little one day. I have been going back and forth in my head for probably a year now “to scrap or not to scrap.” This whole “working” thing really puts a kink in hobby-type things. I finally decided that I have to do SOMETHING with my photos since ALL of my photos from 2008 where nothing more than a little piece of data inside my hard drive. SO… last week I ordered all my 2008 photos AND vowed to finish up the 2007 album.

I did have to change the way I think about the whole thing in order to make it work for me. That layout in the photo is the only real layout that I did of Christmas. The rest I just mounted on black cardstock and journaled a little. That way I still get to be creative and play with all my fun stuff… but I don’t have to feel overwhelmed by the huge amount of photos that I take… and my photos are in an album to look at… not hidden as a file inside a hard drive!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

Very nice! Nice to see you use the THOUSANDS of dollars of stuff you have for scrapbooking! That be like me quitting hunting after all the money I have spent on it! Glad you climbed back on that old horse! Your next feat will to climb on this old horse! LOL

Julie said...

I haven't scrapped since that day I got stuck in your driveway. I don't have thousands of dollars but I do have a pile of paper and albums next to my bed over 3 feet high. I should do something with it. I just got a camera so now I have to decide if I am going to be boring and just put stuff in albums or make them a keep sake. It's time consuming, but so beautiful when done right. I admire your dedication :)

Ingrid said...

What is this "scrapbooking" you speak of?









Seriously, I'm kind of inspired to do the same thing just to get the pictures SOMEWHERE wehre people can see them. I really do miss taking the time to make a page, but something always seems to come up. I'm thinking about actually going to a crop so that I *have* to just scrap.