
I love turkey day. Mostly because it's the day before my REAL favorite day... BLACK FRIDAY!!!! But also because I love cooking and eating and having a house full of people! This year is easy peasy for me. All I have to cook is the turkey and stuffing and maybe a side dish or 2. I am also going to attempt to make HOMEMADE cinnamon butter ....hopefully just like the stuff at Texas Roadhouse. (unfortunately I am a little at a loss of what to get for rolls to go with it...) Where did I get such a crazy-ass idea like making my own butter, you ask? Well..... I recently came upon another 'foodie blog' that I am obsesssed with. The food she makes is different and fun and her photography is FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!
Not sure what I'm going to make for sides yet. I kinda wanna make something in my crockpot and I am also pondering a thousand of the pioneer womans side dishes!!
4 comments:
I know you HEART Black Friday! Sounds like you got a little jump on Christmas today! I would like to make a cookie for Thanksgiving but cookies aren't really a Thanksgiving thing! I hope you find deals and get everything you want on Black Friday!
HOMEMADE cinnamon butter....
HOMEMADE CINNAMON BUTTER?
OKAY.... Sorry you had me at cinnamon... but I must admit butter is the perfect carrying agent!
Mmmmm sounds yummy! I'm cheating for desert I bought a pumkin pie because I always burn the living Heck out them when I make them...and I bought chocolate cheese cake for myself...I am making an apple pie for my sister though... :)
I'm done my shopping already. I wanted to do the black Friday but it just wouldn't work out this year for everyone...too bad too I had fun last year. The only thing on my list that I didn't get yet is the new Nerf Wii game and some controllers....Zack doesn't know if he wants the Wii Rock Band Guitar Hero so he gets lots of cash for Christmas if that is what he wants then he can get it. I already got him so much stuff. Anyway HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!!!!!!!
I've been scouring PW's site for side dish ideas too! I told Nicole I was thinking about making the mashed potato recipe on there, but I think it calls for an entire brick of cream cheese plus heavy cream and butter. I would feel really bad if I killed everyone at the table with cholesterol overload. The roasted asparagus looks yummy though!
Hope the butter comes out great, Happy Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment