Sunday, November 16, 2008

For those of you out there wondering...


Yup. It's broken.
Tomorrow we make the appointment for the REAL cast... Sean is hoping they have camoflauge. I'm pretty sure they don't.

If you weren't there.... Last night at Nicole's dip party, the kids had a little TOO much fun playing ball around the stairs. Aiden threw a big ball up the stairs to Sean who was at the top of the stairs and Sean dove for it.... and dove himself straight to the 1st floor. Good times, folks. Good times. ;-)

Actually... the party really WAS a great time with great food and great company!! And Sean was even fine a few minutes after the fall so we were hoping all was well, but when this morning he yelped whenever he tried to open something or lift something, I decided we'd need to take a trip to Walk-In Care, I knew it was broken. Because of Sean's SUPER TOUGH demeanor, the doc didn't even think it was broken but did an x-ray just in case, and when it came back showing Sean's 'green stick fracture' he made Sean chant with him, "Mom's are ALWAYS RIGHT" over and over....lol.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Rick Jordan said...

I was on the 'not broken' side until I heard about opening the soda! Then I was with you on it being broken! It stinks for him but he is tough and he will be fine! especially when all the kids at school want to sign it and see his cast!

Ingrid said...

He is one tough kiddo. I know it wasn't really anyone's fault, but I feel awful that I didn't say anything to the kids sooner about playing on the stairs. When I saw him sliding down the banister, I probably should have taken the hint that they were getting a little crazy.

Aidan found out about the cast and now he wants to break his arm too. And he swears up and down, as does Sophie, that you can get a camoflauge cast. Sophie said a kid in her class had one. He also asked me if he could practice his letters tonight so he can write on Sean's cast. I'm so glad those two freaks get along so well, LOL!

Rick Jordan said...

I hope they do have a camo one! That would make him happy! He is definitely a tough kid! Guess we should have listened to him when he was screaming that it was broken! I think it is great that those two get along so well! Don't feel responsible- it won't be the last bone he breaks- I can guarantee you that!

Wendy said...

Awww Well I hope for Seans sake they have camouflage wrap for his cast!! Isn't it a good feeling Mom to know you were right!! LOL...I glad it was just a fracture and not something they would have to set...that hurts!!

Nicole said...

:( I hope they have a camo one too!!!

I am signing that cast, I don't care what he says!!

He is one tough cookie, which is why I too figured it was probably worse than we all thought.

Anonymous said...

poor little muffin!!
we called nicole on way home and she told us the news
so a green stick fracture....meaning kind of bent, right?

funny how kids can get excited over an injury !!!!
he will be cool, though!!

Mindy said...

A camo one would rock!! Poor kiddo!!

Julie said...

OMG :( Poor guy. He almost seems pissed when he gets hurt. It must be really hard to tell when he truly is hurt. If my kid was there I am sure he would have gone head first down those stairs too...Only he would scream bloody murder and all that would be wrong with him would be a bruise. :) Funny how we all feel pain differently.

I hope he gets his cool cast wrap that he wants. I have seen some cool colored ones.

Nicole said...

Looking for a COOL Camo cast pic!