The "why do you give a shit you- you don't need people like that in your life- you are finding out who your real friends are" theory is a solid one. But like everything in life... it's easier said than done. The simple fact is that as a couple Rick and I only did things with his friends because our entire life was me doing what he wanted to do if I wanted to spend time with him. So the people that have gone out of their way to exclude me, are the people I have spent the most time with over the past several years and it just fucking hurts. I get that they are Rick's friends and family first. I really do. I get that they have an allegiance to him. I have no problem with that. I just wish they could have a little sensitivity to what I am going through, since supposedly they were my friends too. But instead I am excluded from events (that are made public so that I can see it all unfolding right in front of me). And forced to see people facebook-friending the home-wrecking whore that has gone out of her way to threaten me with physical harm and has attempted to hurt me with private knowledge that never should have been shared with her in the first place. (Oops... a little anger slipped out there. Working on that, but it's bound to escape from time-to-time.)
It just didn't all have to be this way. I didn't want it to be this way. Why do people have to choose sides and then make these giant statements of allegiance?
Facebook has changed the way the world works... and not for the best. I thought about just getting off it for awhile. But I enjoy it for the most part and I am not going to let all this crap take away even one more ounce of my joy. So instead I removed several people from my friends list. It's not healthy for me to see all that stuff and get all upset every time I see it.
1 comment:
I hear you!! Been there done that...Sometimes I felt like my ex had died as I lost all the friends and family we had hung out with. It sucks!! You did the right thing with facebook...stay on there just take the idiots off, it's not worth your sanity to keep them. Good luck and remember this to shall pass. If you need to vent I'm here.
Post a Comment