It has been quite a day. It was supposed to be a quiet day at home spent cleaning, washing all the new clothes, playing with new stuff, and enjoying the last day of summer. We did have some of that stuff... but we also had a good dose of drama, tears and tantrums thrown into the mix.
Sean has worn and modeled every article of clothing I got him over the weekend. He has also taken another 2 hour bath (he took one yesterday too) just to play with the Army Boat and soldiers that I got him at Big Lots (should be called 'Big Bunch of crap' ...what a disappointment THAT place was!)

Jessi did her fair share of modeling also... although it was difficult to change clothes with a Dooney permanently attached to her arm. ;)
Even Cooper delighted the day away playing with the toys I got him. Unfortunately he hasn't broken the "ROAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound that the lion makes yet.
Sean has worn and modeled every article of clothing I got him over the weekend. He has also taken another 2 hour bath (he took one yesterday too) just to play with the Army Boat and soldiers that I got him at Big Lots (should be called 'Big Bunch of crap' ...what a disappointment THAT place was!)
Jessi did her fair share of modeling also... although it was difficult to change clothes with a Dooney permanently attached to her arm. ;)
Even Cooper delighted the day away playing with the toys I got him. Unfortunately he hasn't broken the "ROAARRRRRRRRRRRRRR" sound that the lion makes yet.
We have also had several meltdowns. When Jessi's sleepover guests left... Jessi had a full on "I'm tired, I don't want to clean my room... and oh yeah... I'm also completely terrified about going to middle school" fit and then fell asleep until 730pm. Sean had a huge meltdown earlier in the day when it really hit him that he wasn't going to be going to B and Grampa's house one day a week anymore. Even knowing that they are going to pick him up one day a week and keep him for the afternoon didn't seem to help. He spent the rest of the day ALL up in my grill. I have had more hugs and snuggles today from him than I have had in the last year!
I know in a month things will be 'normal,' but I have a feeling the next couple weeks are going to be something.
I know in a month things will be 'normal,' but I have a feeling the next couple weeks are going to be something.


2 comments:
Doesn't Jessi realize that her friends are all the same- it is just a different school? Sean I don't think knows what to expect and that is what bothers him- and the B and Grampa thing, too! You are right- things will be normal in a week! Hang in there until then!
Awww sounds like a rough day...I hate meltdowns...I'm also not to fond of Big Lots either...In fact my stepson made the comment last night that he likes Big Lots and I said that stores sells crap, lol...but then I have friends who love it!! So each to their own...Sounds like Jessie is a bit nervous and scared but once the first week is over with she'll be okay...Hope today is better!
Post a Comment