Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Happy mail!!


No camera yet, but my canvas arrived yesterday from Canvasondemand.com and I LOVE IT!!!! I also got 2 blank canvases at ACmoore for the kids to paint on so that I could make a little grouping... not sure I'm crazy about the grouping yet. I may need to move them closer... or maybe I need to put the kids canvases somewhere else altogether. I already tried putting one on each side of the canvas as that was the original plan and it looked terrible. Thoughts?? (And YES mom... these photos remind me too that I REALLY need to get those valances up ;) ;) )

I have a feeling my camera isn't going to arrive until early next week. I checked my order status at Adorama and it still says "pending"...WTF!!?? Hopefully it has shipped and they just didn't update the site. I looked back on my blog and I ordered my other camera from them on 3/21 and it arrived 3/26.... whatever that means...lol!

Hopefully my next post will be chock fulla pics from my new camera (but I doubt it)!!!!!

8 comments:

Jane F. Smith said...

WOW!! This looks super!!! that was a great idea to get a canvas for the kids to paint!! not sure what to say about the grouping..maybe the paintings are too strong for the canvas??? I don't know maybe your right, closer together might work. Good luck..sorry I can't be of much help!! lol!!

Colleen said...

I think you are right... maybe they are too strong. I told the kids to leave "no white" on the canvas when they were painting and now I think that may have been a mistake!

Mindy said...

Col, I don't think that no white is the problem. You might want to have them do it again using softer colors this time. I think that the primary colors they used dominate over the photo. you might want to go with soft green, bules and yellows?? And I think you're right, I would move them closer together. Could you perhaps find a long narrow one to go under the picture canvas, kind of to balance out the space and make it more like a square?? Hope any of that helps!! I love the idea you have going though!!

kimB said...

I agree w/Mindy about having the boys repaint using softer colors - maybe something that coordinates with the colors in their (photo) canvas? It *is* a cute idea, though, of including their artwork w/ their canvas :)

The photo canvas itself is just beautiful! Are these very pricey? I'm thinking of having something done for my DD & SIL...

TFS! Hope your Pentax arrives soon!

-- kimB

Wendy said...

Wow I love that photo and the canvas idea was fantastic!! As to the ones they painted maybe softer colors...I was sitting here thinking you should have had them do their hand prints on the canvas's...that would have been cool but then again that is ME, lol...You'll figure it out ma'am and when you do it will all click into place...Fingers crossed for your camera coming in soon....call the company and ask them...it may have been back-ordered? Wouldn't hurt to check and see...I know your anxious, I would be too!!

Anonymous said...

Well being the Libra that I am...Looking at your pictures I really think you should have three pictures of the kids all the same size grouped there. It is a big blank space and the two picture the kids did are too small. I have to say though I think they are fantastic. I have been wanting Zack to do a couple for me. Maybe you could get another small canvas and you could make one to go in the middle of their and put that grouping in a different place. :)

Heather Taylor Photography said...

How awesome! I love the previous suggestions about what to do with the grouping. The canvas looks like it turned out great!

Unknown said...

Wonderful picture and great idea to add the childrens' painting too. You are very clever.