But this is just NOT the face of someone that is 'knock knock knockin' on heaven's door!' He has been much better the past couple days. I started him on daily aspirin until his other pills arrive and it has really made a difference. This morning he jumped into bed with me after Rick left. He hasn't done that in AGES!!!I'm not retarded... and just the fact that he stayed there and didn't follow me when I ran down to get the camera shows that he is no spring chicken, but I don't think this is the week that I have to take him on that long walk to the vet as I was thinking it was earlier in the week.

8 comments:
That is awesome news, Honey! I guess the aspirin is doing what it should! Maybe he is just old and has arthritis like old people do! I am very happy he doesn't have to take any long walks!
Awww Colleen my heart goes out to you!! I'm glad the aspirin worked, just watch his tummy....it may get upset...I went through this with a german shepherd several years ago...and the vets meds do wonders...I was surprised!! Good luck and keep us posted!!
P.S. I love the photo...it is too sweet, GREAT job!!
Having taken that long walk myself, once with a dog I hardly knew, I know exactly how tough it is. Probably the very best thing you can do is live in the moment with your senior canine citizen...or, more concisely, "Carpe Diem."
Is there anything you can do to prepare the kids...should you teach 'em some grave-digging skills??? (Yep, I'm bad; very, very bad.)
OH MY!!!
WELL at least everyone knows know where I get my sense of humor from ;) ;)
LOL!!
LOL- Janice! I think I will probably be digging that hole though!
he's beautiful, and I hope you have more time with him!!
Oh, and wouldn't be "Canine Diem"??
Post a Comment