Friday, August 17, 2007

It's on the way!!!

I just ordered my camera!!! I am SOOOOO EXCITED!!! I know there will be a bit of a learning curve with it, but hopefully I will catch on quickly!!

Haven't blogged much this week. It has been a boooorrrrrring week. Rick has been using my car because his needs fixin.' Hopefully he can get that done SOON because being stuck at home all day every day with the kids who are also going stir crazy and REALLY READY to for school to start is pretty much torture. They should send th POWs here. I could have them talking in NO TIME. ;) PLUS... I haven't had any pics to post since my camera is all packed up... and for me a blog without pics is no blog at all!!

This next week should be MUCH busier. I want to get the house all super cleaned and organized before I go on my trip. I also have to take the kids out and make sure I have all their correct sizes for shoes and stuff since I won't have them with me (WOO HOO on THAT!!!). Their clothes need to be gone through and weeded out so that I know exactly what they need. My camera should arrive maybe Wed or Thurs... so there will be LOTS of camera playin' too!! I may bring out my fall decorating stuff too (I LOVE ME SOME AUTUMN!!!)... hmmm... maybe not.... maybe that's jumping the gun a little ;)

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Not too far ahead... it's right around the corner! Glad to hear that you're new toy is on the way!! Have fun, and can't wait to see some pics!!

kimB said...

Happy for you, Colleen! May I ask what are the feature that attracted you to this particular camera?

Colleen said...

Of course you can ask... and I will even ANSWER ;) ;)

There were several reasons that I went with the Pentax k100.

#1-- price! The price of the camera is less than other DSLRs AND it is designed to take ALL lenses ever made by pentax... so I can take advantage of all the cheap, old, good, glass.

#2-- Lens compatibility. I liked the d40 and playing with it is actually what convinced me to go DSLR, but the d40 has no AF motor in the body, so if you want to auto-focus, you can only use new lenses with the motor in them and they are REALLY expensive.

#3-- In camera shake reduction. ANY lens I use... even old lenses use the SR feature, which is a pricey feature in newer lenses!

#4-- It's different! I didn't want the same camera that 'everyone else has.'

Those are the biggies, but there are other pluses too, more focus points than the d40, LCD screen on top of the camera in addition to the screen in the back.

I LOVE the d40... but I know myself well enough to know that I am going to love buying and playing with new lenses and I wouldn't be able to that with it (cost-wise OR compatibility-wise). As for the Canons... I just didn't like the way they felt in my hands at all... the grip is narrower than the other cameras and I have 'hand issues' from a job I use to have. The Olympus just felt 'cheap' to me and the LCD screen was yellow looking, and the Sony seemed huge and was a freakin' fiesta of buttons!!

Wow... that was long... you asked....lol!!!

Angela said...

Yay! for you! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Rick Jordan said...

Yeah, understood about two words in that WHOLE comment, Honey! Lets talk guns and see if you can follow what I am saying there!

Colleen said...

LOL... It's not like I was TRYING to stump you!!!

Artistically Twisted said...

Actually I will say thanks for all of that info.... I have been thinking that I may want to actually get a better camera than I have one of these days.... I may have to bribe you for some edjamakaytin; on of these days as well.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of putting out some of my fall stuff, but I will wait until September at least LOL....I do what to go and get some Mums for my garden. I just think they look so pretty. I have always wanted to get some hay bails and pumpkins and do the whole "country" yard kinda thing.