Thursday, August 30, 2007

Just cuz I could

 

 

 


Still not used to the weirdness of having the whole day to myself! I mean... It's been TWELVE YEARS since the last time I didn't have a little one at home with me!! It feels weird. I cleaned like CRAZY yesterday and it is STILL CLEAN!! That has NEVER HAPPENED... seriously. Usually by now you can't even tell that cleaning had ever occured.

Sent Sean off on the bus this morning with NO tears or anything. He did a great job! After that I went out and did some errands. One of the errands was running to the pawn shop to exchange the lens I bought a couple weeks ago for another one that works! Because I was clueless about lenses and stuff... a REALLY nice guy from a Pentax message board I belong to noticed that we were both in the Bangor area and he went over to the pawn shop for me and picked out a couple lenses that he thought would be good for me and had the pawn shop guy put them behind the counter for me. How nice was that!?? So I picked up the lens today and then... just cuz I could... went over to Indian Trail Park nearby and went on a photo hike to try out my 'new' lens (in flip-flops---which I do not recommend).

I think I am going to like this new phase our family is in!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Sounds like things are going well so far!!! That's awesome!

Rick Jordan said...

Your pictures really are cool! Glad you had a nice day and did some fun stuff! Sorry you don't like the new lenses that much! Good thing that guy is like 60 or he'd be getting a beat down! LOL- just kidding!

Unknown said...

Sounds wonderful. A whole new world. Have fun.

Wendy said...

Oh Colleen it sounds like you had a wonderful day!! That was really nice of that guy to go pick out some lenses for you!! The photos are great!! A clean house, WOW!! What is that, lol...mine is a disaster zone at the moment and I'm in my "I don't care mode" LOL...Flip Flops on a nature hike, OUCH!! LOL...did you learn your lesson? I get laughed at a lot I'm normally in my snake boots with shorts on...really sexy so the hubby says, ha ha ha....When do you start school? Hope you enjoy your peace and quiet time and love the photos!!