Friday, May 11, 2007
Faux Pod
Jessi is having a good day :) After a week of checking the mailbox everyday, her fake ipod finally arrived. She has been BEGGING for a year for an ipod...and it only got worse when "ALL" her friends got them for Christmas. I had to dig my heels in with this one though. She needs to realize that just because we live in Hampden with the 'Joneses' doesn't mean that we can... or should... keep up with them ;) There were many... MANY discussions about this and about how we sacrifice stuff like that so that I can be home for her everyday when she gets home from school. It is a sacrifice that she definitely appreciates as many of her friends with ipods go home to an empty house every day. She mentions often that she is 'lucky' that her mom is home and she isn't left alone all the time. That didn't stop me from feeling badly about it (since her mp3 player only holds 8-10 songs). So one night while fooling around on Ebay I found fake ipods that go for around $50....and the feedback was actually GOOD! So I talked to her about it and she agreed to give up her allowance until the end of June and to pay for it herself. I was going to wait until then to order it, but since I made so much $ selling my unused scrapstuff on Ebay, I decided to go ahead and order it.
I was sort of expecting it to be pretty cheesy ...but it isn't at all. The menu isn't as user-friendly as an ipod, but she already has it all figured out, so it can't be too bad. And it's actually BETTER than an ipod in some ways as it's just 'drag and drop' to get the songs on there (no having to deal with itunes), and it has a radio! so no... we can't keep up with the Joneses... but with a little creativity, we can make it work!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Awesome blog! I really enjoyed it! Plus, you are right that we have sacraficed a lot for you to be home but I have to say that it has been worth it! Love you!
Col, you rock, and I think that is awesome!!
She looks just as happy with it... wether it's an iPod or not. ;0)
Post a Comment