Wednesday, May 02, 2007

So how did I do with day 1 of the challenge?

Well.... pretty good. Better than nuthin' ;) Sean, Cooper and I went for a looooong walk today (he biked, I walked-which works out great because I have to walk faster). On one of the side streets I practiced letting Cooper off leash, but still having him stay beside me and not run off ahead. He did great! Even when there were kids or dogs in yards, he only needed a reminder to stay beside me. The only time he faltered was when we were walking past large stretch of woods and suddenly a CHICKEN stepped out of the woods a few feet in front of us just a cluckin' away. I kid you not. I have NO CLUE why there was a chicken in the woods or where it came from... as far as I know there aren't even any farms nearby. So Cooper sees the chicken and at first jumps back a bit (as did I!) and then goes over to investigate. The chicken FREAKS OUT and starts clucking REALLY LOUDLY as it runs away with Cooper hot on it's trail. I let Cooper have his fun for a minute and then called him back and he came back right away. And the pissed off chicken went back to whatever it is woodland chickens do :)

Hopefully Day #2's exercise will be JUST as fun! :)

No comments: