Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Spring into Action Challenge

I was just doing my evening blog stroll and came across a "Spring into Action" Challenge on Stacy Julians Blog. I love a good challenge... but this one is tough! I think I *need* to give it a shot... but I will need to make some modifications if I am going to last even 2 days ;) My comments are in parenthesis in black ;) )

There are twenty components to her challenge and the the first five are mandatory!

1. Throw away or hide your scale. (Yikes... I feel like watching the scale is what finally stopped my steady stay-at-home-mom gaining)

2.Purchase, check out or borrow a good book to read from everyday. This
could be a book either about realistic exercise or healthy
eating/recipes. This could also be a book some other kind of
“self-help” book (on creativity, relationships, goals, etc.) (no problem! )

3. Get at least seven hours of sleep six nights a week! (no problem!)

4. Replace negative self-talk with positive affirmations (Can do!)

5. Refuse to gossip or add negativity to any conversation (walk away if it is spoken to you) (Ummm.... not sure about this one... I loves my gossip and there is no way in hell I will make it through our Cinco de Mayo Party without a little gossipping! But I will TRY!)


6. 30 minutes of sustained aerobic exercise 3-4 times per week. (Will do!)

7. 20 to 30 minutes of strength training exercise 2-3 times per week. (Will do!)

8. 15 minute walk (outside) every single day, opposite your exercise. (Will do!)

9. Drink 12 to 16 oz of water upon rising. (Will do!)


10. Eat breakfast by 8:00 every day.(Will be my iced coffee... not quittin' that!)

11. Correct issues with portion control. In other words, don’t eat too much! (My biggest downfall!!)

12. Eat 3 fresh, unadulterated servings of fruit/vegetables daily.
(Will do!)

13. Do not eat refined sugar (dessert/candy) six days a week. (Yeah... probably not...lol)

14. One or less caffeinated/diet drink per day.
(Will do! ... ALREADY do!)

15. No fast food (Subway is OK)(Already do!)

16. Eat at least two healthy snacks each day.
(Will do!)

17.No eating after 7:00 Monday through Thursday (NEED to do!!!)

18. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store for at least 80% of your budget/food
(Pretty much already do!)

19.
Participate in a FREE day, once a week. Eat whatever you want, however
you want, in any portion you want and as often as you want!! (DEFINITELY CAN DO...LOL!!)

20. Drink a total of at least 3 glasses of water between meals each day. (This one is a maybe...but probably not)

So there it is and I am in!!!





Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: