Saturday, January 05, 2008

McPhotos :)



Liz and Jr mailed the kids Christmas cards with McD's GCs in them at the beginning of December. They have been begging me to take them ever since, and I could find no more excuses not to! (damn I hate that place!) To lessen the torture I brought my camera and a photography book to entertain myself.

I also met Ken there because he is loaning me his REALLY SWEET 43mm 1.9 lens to use at my FIRST PAID PHOTOGRAPHY GIG!!!! (WOO HOO and YIKES!!!) Rick's uncle Marty is a police officer for the Bangor P.D. and he is retiring this month. I will be the photographer for the party! It's just a big, casual thing at a banquet hall that I have never been to, but looks really nice in the photos on their website. It also looks like the lighting may be a bit tricky, which is why I wanted to borrow Ken's fast lens AND why my mom also got me an external flash for Christmas that I am going to attempt to learn to use before the party :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Great pictures! I'm glad you had fun despite being at Mikey D's!! You'll do great at the party!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, those 43 mm/1.9 lenses go for $400+ on eBay!! Eek!

Wendy said...

Ugh to McD's but you did get some great photos!! YeeHaw on the paying gig and the external flash!! Too sweet!!