Thursday, January 17, 2008

Stuff n.... stuff


  • Won tickets on the radio to see 'Cloverfield' at the midnight sneak preview tonight. Then I remembered that Liz and Jr went to Boston today, so wouldn't be able to have the kids overnight. Plus... Rick and I are just not night owls, so it wasn't happenin.' I gave the tickets to 'The Reel Guy.' He works in our office and I was sure he would be glad to take them off my hands :)
  • Over the weekend Jessi and her friends begged me to run the scrapbooking class again. I gave in... who am I to say no to a buncha cash to do something I enjoy???? That would just be silly! So same as last year, we are starting up the week after February vacation.



  • Instead of a vacation this year, we are going to redo the scraproom into a den. I've spent the past 2 weeks daydreaming and rearranging furniture in my head. We made the decision because scrapbooking just doesn't happen that much anymore, and we could REALLY use some more space for the kids to hang out. Also, because the room doesn't get much use, it's just turning into a junk room and I don't like that! We also are going to get 'good parent points' because we are going to be taking the TVs out of the kid's rooms. Not sure what we'll do with those points.... maybe pay back some of the ones we've lost on game nights.... or the time Nicole and I almost got Jessi swept away by the sea ;) ;)
Don't worry... I still have plenty of spaces to scrap when the mood strikes me again!!
  • Ugh... more crappy weather in store for us tomorrow. Jessi is WAY BUMMED that the dance might get canceled because they announced yesterday that if it's canceled again, they are not going to reschedule. She is also bummed because I told her that if it's canceled... we are not having another big sleepover to compensate for it ;) Hopefully the dance will go on as scheduled!!
  • A lady at work has THE CUTEST Cocker Spaniel puppies!! (those in the photo are not them, but they look just like them... that is just a random photo off the net) She brought them in to show everyone and I was sooooo tempted to say, "I'll take one!!!!!" She still has 3 left from the litter and is starting to get a little worried that they aren't going to sell so she is dropping the price on them this weekend (ok... she isn't worried, but her SO is ;) ...he thinks they have enough dogs!), they live right nearby on Rt 69 in Newburgh and said she has a big sign out front, so I may stop by with the kids to visit the puppies this weekend... but we are NOT getting one!! Really. I am not a big spaniel fan anyway, so it won't be to hard to say no.
Hmmm... that's about it! I am tired... I think I'll skip ER tonight and catch it on the DVR tomorrow... ROFL that I actually thought this morning that a midnight movie might be fun!!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I would have gone to the movies with ya but that is just WAAAY to late for me on a work night, especially since I had to really be on my game today!!
I think that we can be forgiven for that incident with Jessi, it was a LOOOOOONG time ago. Although combined with a few of the other mishaps maybe not. Wow think about it for a minute, I won't go any further here but I know that you know what I am talking about!! It is a wonder she is pretty normal and alive!

Colleen said...

She's alive, but not in any hurry to go car shopping with you again anytime soon... ROFL!!!!!