Lately things are feeling just a LITTLE too out of control ‘round these parts. So Mama is layin’ some smack down. If that means that I have to spend some time being a tad on the naggy side. Tough crap.
Over the past week I have been trying to get things just a little more in order and a little less loosey goosey. I have been planning meals and sticking to the plan. I have not just said “Yup… whatever” to the endless requests for snacks and popsicles. Instead they are hearing “No… you can wait til dinner” or “You are welcome to all the fruit veggies and water that your little heart desires.”
This weekend I cleaned the bajeezus out of the downstairs and I WILL KEEP IT THAT WAY!! People living in this house WILL clean up after themselves! I am as guilty of this as everyone else. But we are total slobs and it just makes everything harder when you can’t find anything! The only thing I CAN’T clean and am at a loss of what to do about is Sampson. That damn dog freakin’ smells SO doggy, no matter WHAT I do!! He has had TWELVE baths since we got him and he still makes the whole house smell like dog. Stupid smelly dog.
We are also tightening up things on the cash flow front. We are FAR too frivolous and spoiled and we are not teaching the kids anything when we have to have the newest Wii game the second it comes out… or buy games “just because.” I’m pretty sure that most families save those kinds of purchases for special occasions. At this point I think a thousand dollars in the bank is better than a thousand dollars in Wii games. Though with the way things are going, who knows?… maybe Barack will decide that Wii points will be the new currency, Wii Games the new gold, and we will be deemed the Lord and Lady Jordan, Rulers of the Hampden Highlands ;-)
8 comments:
ROFL, I could swing Democrat with those kinds of political changes!
And for the record, you guys didn't seem like slobs when I was over there, the house looked great! The dog odor thing is a pain. I've heard of people making a conditioner out of baking soda and water that kills odor, and those "greenies" bones are supposed to work really well on bad breath.
LOL... well of course I CLEANED before the party...lol!!!
Off to google "baking soda dog conditioner" I'm ready to try anything at this point!!!
CHRIS is going to wash the dog? Did I miss something here? LOL- I don't know if I could, Ingrid! I love that I get to learn about these new changes by reading your blog! LOL
LOL...oops.... I guess we all know that wasn't Chris! Damn Roboform!
Happy Anniversary
ROFL!
I think it is great that you are laying some smack down!
I think Nikki could eat a whole pallet of those "greenies" and it wouldn't touch the horrendous breath he has!!
Yeah Nicky is WAY beyond Greenies. Not to mention they are REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY EXPENSIVE!!
If I wanted to give each dog one regular greenie a day ($49.99 for a pack of 40) as they recommend, it would cost around $130 a MONTH!!
Holy Shit on the greenie thing...I couldn't get my dog to eat them...she was like...WTF is this plastic shit! There are three of here in this house and I have to tell you because I have been home the last two weeks...It is a disaster and I want to just cry some days. I think my big thing is that there is still so much Re-construction to do that I wanna scream. Maybe someday our house will be painted and finished... I can dream right.....AND you guys aren't snobs. It must be nice since you are both working to have a few things....You guys put so much into that house...it's nice to see your new furniture and stuff. AND you spend it on your family...It's not like you are both driving around BMWs and wearing LLBean from head to toe while your kids dress in walmart stuff..(I see that around here (in Hampden that is)) :) BUT money in the bank when you are ready is always good too!
Post a Comment