Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Crock Pot Curry Verdict....

Not-so-much.

It was just "ok." It was missing SOMETHING.... but not sure what. Maybe the ginger would have given it the kick it needed. I did try squeezing some lime juice in, and that helped a lot... but we were all done eating by then ;) We were so worried about the eggplant, but that just melted in and wasn't even really noticeable.

Sean says... "It's good, but it needs more flavor. Can I have a rice cake instead?" LOL.... He ate about 1/2 his bowl.

Jessi says.... "It's ok, I guess. But it feels like something is missing." She ate all the chicken out and then had Jasmine rice with butter. (An old FAVORITE of hers because she used to spend a lot of time at one of her friend's houses who is from Ghana. Every night for dinner they eat Jasmine Rice with different sauces on top. The nights when it was a spicy sauce and not the peanut butter sauce that she LOVED, she would have buttered rice.)

Rick would eat anything and say it was good... so he is no gauge for anything foodwise ;-)

I am glad we tried something different, and it wasn't terrible. The jasmine rice, however, was DELICIOUS and I will never buy plain old white rice again!!

Jessi is dying for me to find a recipe for the peanut butter chicken sauce that they used at her friend Fatimah's house, so I think that will be our next adventure.

3 comments:

Artistically Twisted said...

I love me some jasmine rice I tell ya!
Curry anything pretty much kills me...
So I avoid it the way a preacher avoids eye contact at a peep show.

Nicole said...

I am SOOOOOO proud of you for trying something new!!!!

Rick Jordan said...

I won't eat anything! I'm not a big fan of curry, either but that was pretty good!