My marriage is over. There. I typed it. I was betrayed by the one person that I was supposed to be able to trust. The one person who actually signed legal documents guaranteeing that trust.
I wallowed a bit. I may still wallow a bit from time to time. But overall I realize that it takes 2 to tango. He did what he did and continues to do... and he is wrong. But I too had my part in the demise. I have known for years that he wasn't "the one." We both knew. Women are stronger. I could live with that knowledge for the sake of keeping things together for the family until they were older and more prepared to deal with it. He couldn't.
So.... I am apartment/house hunting. My brother is going to join us in the move which will be a huge help financially... and non-financially too! It means we need a 4 bedroom place, which will be a challenge to find. But I am not in a huge rush. As the days pass, my anger fades a little and Rick and I are actually able to be in a room and talk without my wanting to punch him in the face.
I have learned through this that I have the most AMAZING friends and family in the history of the universe!!! Seriously. I never could have gotten through this without all the support they have given me. And not just empty supportive gestures. REALLY there for me... really telling me when I am being ridiculous and when my feelings are legit. Letting me have my pain... and also pushing me to buck the fuck up and move on. I am so thankful for this.
I have also learned that exercise (running in particular) = SANITY. I can be about to fall completely apart in tears and anger into a puddle on the floor... go for a run... and come home with a clear head ready to take on whatever new drama the day has brought on.
2 comments:
I am so sorry, never good to hear but it does happen! Stay strong, you can do this!! Yes you can!
You got this, I am sad for how it all went down for you and the kids but excited to see what the future holds for you.
Love you
Post a Comment