Today has been a great day so far! No...we didn't go to Six Flags or Swan Lake or the beach. We did errands. Jessi needed a couple pairs of shorts so we stopped in old Navy and ended up getting her 2 pairs of shorts and 2 school outfits because we couldnt pass up the deals! (BTW...That store is a disaster...I mean...I expect Old Navy to be a mess, but today it looked like a major wind storm had swept through and completely trashed the store. And they had great kids clothes...but the adult clothing selection right now...WOW...Can you say "HOLY TACK-O-RAMA!?" Who wears that crap!?) Then we popped over to ACMoore as I was hoping they would have Elsie Flannigan's new book and I could get it with my coupon...so such luck...no luck at Joanns either (which BTW was also a disaster...WTH!?). Still ended up being a great stop tho as I discovered they are now carrying all the Rhonda Farrer stamps that I LOVE!! So I got me a set of those with my coupon! YAY! Then it was on to Shaw's where we got lots of yummy healthy stuff. We are eating healthier these days and shockingly...we are actually ENJOYING it!! I'm trying all kinds of new healthy flavorful recipes...we are all off soda (Well...Rick isn't quite there yet...but he will be since he is not enoying using his own $ to buy it since I won't anymore ;) )...and we are sticking to proper portion sizes. As a result we are all feeling better...sleeping better...and have tons more energy! We came home and I had the BEST sandwich that may become my new fav lunch... A whole wheat pita with bean sprouts, avocado slices and hummus. It was freakin' DELICOUS! And I must say I am pretty damn impressed with myself that my new fav sammich is vegetarian!
Thanks to the big oil companies I've had to get a little more clever with our Friday Field Trips. It just feels wasteful and frivolous to be trapezing all over the state every friday. So today I took the kids swimming at 'the old swimmin hole'. It's a long forgotten swimming area in Black Stream right right in town. Rick and I used to go there 'back in the day' to cool off (and stuff...rofl rofl) on hot days. The kids had a BLAST!! They are already begging to know when we can go back there.
OK....I gotta go play with my new stamps!!
No comments:
Post a Comment