Friday, July 28, 2006

YAY US!!

I am so proud of us!! The whole family is all about gettin' healthy these days. We started our health kick about a month ago and usually by now we would have fizzled out and gone back to old habits. Not this time, baby!! our upcoming Disney Trip is great motivation to look and feel better...or as Rick puts it, "We gotta get hot for Disney"...lol. With him on board the health train it's much easier to cook healthy meals for dinner. I am still cooking our favorites too...but I am only cooking enough for us all to have one serving....and I have added more veggies to the reparte ;) Even the kids are excited about being healthy. Before he eats anything lately he says, "Is this healthy or not?" (not that if it's 'not' he won't still eat it) To which I reply, "No...it's not healthy, so let's just have a little bit." Jessi is focusing on sticking to serving sizes too and is even measuring out her cereal in the morning. I think a big part of the reason we are able to stick to it this time is that we aren't being nazi's about it or anything. We aren't "not allowing" anything...just keeping treats to serving sizes and adding more good stuff. I would love for the kids to learn and keep these healthy habits so that maybe they can avoid the 'family fat curse' altogether.

We also got a 'Gazzelle.' I actually ordered it for myself ...never even thinking Rick would use it...and actually thinking he would make fun of me for using it.... WRONG!! He has used it EVERY DAY since we got it a couple weeks ago. His first words now when he gets home to me now are "How many minutes did you do today?" ...used to be "What's for dinner?" We also have a weight lifting station thingy in the basemen that we are setting up this weekend...it will be a nice addition to the gazzelle (which I like doing...and it's a GREAT workout....but it gets really boring right around the 20 minute mark and I have to fight to make myself finish those last 10 minutes ;) )

Off to make lunch...having my fav avocado, bean sprout, hummus on pita sammich today...LOVES IT!!

No comments: