Ever since 'The Osbourne's" and a magazine article in a Home Dec mag where a woman described how she loved having a couch in her kitchen/diningroom because the kids would snuggle up on it in their blankets in the mornings while she cooked breakfast... I have REALLY wanted to have a couch/loveseat in mine!
This morning I started my monthly "let's see what the monster under the couch has sucked up" mission. That mission then turned into...
-Hmmm... maybe I should move the fishtank like I have been wanting to....
which turned into having to mostly empty it and 'may as well clean it' since I am emptying it anyway to move it...
which turned into well I already have the couch all pulled out and apart, maybe I should steam clean it and wash all the cushion covers and let the cushions sit out on the porch to air out.
I thought I knew where I wanted the fishtank... but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't want it there. Then I decide to put it against my blue wall because then everyone can see it and it will be easier to clean (plus the whole blue=water thing ;) )... but then what will I do with all the other furniture???
So..... That turned into a complete furniture re-arranging/super cleaning session. A session where the "couch in the kitchen" lightbulb came on! Rick has always complained that he hates being all the way across the room from me in the evenings. Solved that problem too!
The Osbournes and the magazine chick have a more "Pottery Barnish" look going... but until I have a "Pottery Barnish Budget" this will have to do ;) Moving the couch in there also caused a ripple effect of Super cleaning and table shrinking (leaf removing).This morning I started my monthly "let's see what the monster under the couch has sucked up" mission. That mission then turned into...
-Hmmm... maybe I should move the fishtank like I have been wanting to....
which turned into having to mostly empty it and 'may as well clean it' since I am emptying it anyway to move it...
which turned into well I already have the couch all pulled out and apart, maybe I should steam clean it and wash all the cushion covers and let the cushions sit out on the porch to air out.
I thought I knew where I wanted the fishtank... but the more I thought about it, the more I didn't want it there. Then I decide to put it against my blue wall because then everyone can see it and it will be easier to clean (plus the whole blue=water thing ;) )... but then what will I do with all the other furniture???
So..... That turned into a complete furniture re-arranging/super cleaning session. A session where the "couch in the kitchen" lightbulb came on! Rick has always complained that he hates being all the way across the room from me in the evenings. Solved that problem too!
I really think I like the livingroom like this!! It looks much less cluttered. I would love love love to have new furniture in here, but that is not in the cards for awhile... and that's ok :) My next goal this week is to FINALLY put up the window valances that have been sitting in my closet for about 8 months...lol!! And sometime this month I want to fix the legs on the 'kitchen couch', and try and make it a little less 'sinky' so that people don't feel like they are going to fall into an abyss when they sit down on it..lol! I also have a couple artsy projects in mind for the walls. I think I am done for today though!


4 comments:
looks great! You won the cleaning, moving, redecorating award for today!!!!!! Love it!
Holy cow! Busy much? It is about time you moved closer to me- you will get more foot massages now that I don't have to upset the balance of life and leave my chair! Love it and thinks it definitely looks more spacious and cozy!
ME LIKEY!!! Lots!!!
I think it looks awesome! If you have a thin piece of chip board you know about the width of peg board you can put it under the cushions and it will help support them...I did that once with an old couch I had. You have to cut it to fit but it works pretty good....That and some legs and you are golden! Your house looks great! I know about the moving stuff around thing...I do it every week though...OCD much!! yeah that's me.
Post a Comment