I think I waited so long because...
#1 -I am greatly traumatized by that fact that my daughter is now going to middle school dances, getting asked out by boys (and not being grossed out by it anymore) and wanting to wear make-up.
#2 -Not crazy about the pics. My house is not great for photo taking. It's pretty dark because of the wrap around porch and the yellow walls everywhere make white balance go wonky. ....plus when the kids are jumping around like mexican jumping beans, I don't have time to mess around with camera settings!!! They are tween-age girls. One second they are in your face posing... the next second they have their hands over the faces screaming, "STOP TAKING MY PICTURE!! I HATE YOU AND YOUR STUPID CAMERA! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" ....the next second and are gone in a flurry of squeals, giggles and 'OMG NO WAY!!!'s'
Anyhoo... they had a BLAST. She :::gulp::: danced with TWO boys! One of the boys she danced with was the one who asked her to 'go to the dance with him' (even though that means nothing at this age other than they will both be there...lol), and when she said she wasn't allowed to do that.... he tried again the next day...lol!! He is the son of Rick and my high school History teacher... which is weird... but it's a small town, ya know?? In high school, as I watched Mr. King talk about Paul Revere and Abe Lincoln, I never once daydreamed (and there was a LOT of daydreaming in history class!) that one day he would have a son who would have a crush on my daughter...lol!
...and just in case you are keeping tabs..... Yes. I am supposed to be in class right now ;)



4 comments:
I am sooo Glad I had a BOY!! Instead of a GIRL!! LOL...have fun with the years to come!! Loved the photos and who cares if the white-balance is screwy...You caught the girls in a GREAT mood and I love it!!
Shame on you for skipping class to Blog too!! LOL...
Awesome pictures of the girls before their BIG dance! They were so cute parading around and dancing and getting all ready! I hate the fact that she is growing up and I will be forced to kill scores of teenage boys but she is a pretty cool little girl!
Yeah, I can't believe the little 3 year old Jessi I remember is growing up and going to dances and likes boys and all that crap.
btw, is that a dress she is wearing or a shirt?? It is WAY cute and she looks great!!
Your guess is as good as mine...lol... I think it was a dress... but she wore capri length leggings with it, so maybe it's a long shirt?? Either way... it's not hers and one of the other girls was wearing what SHE was going to wear.
Post a Comment