Thursday, October 11, 2007

The season comes to an end



Yesterday was Jessi's last home game. I think we are all a little bummed out! Jessi LOVES field hockey and it was so great to see her really putting her heart into it and excelling!! I loved going to watch her games ...even though it made many days 'on the run' starting at 6am and not getting a chance to sit down til 7pm!! Sean loved Jessi's games too. He is one of those kids that's able to join in any game with any bunch of kids! I usually don't "see" (obviously I SEE him... but he's off doing his thing) him from the time we get there until I round him up to leave.

She's not sure what's next for her. Still waffling about trying out for basketball. I think part of her would like a break... but part of her loves all the activity!



Oh yeah... almost forgot... HOW gross is THIS!!?? Trash Mountain is so high now that you can see it all the way from the kid's schools... MILES AWAY!!! NASTY!!!!! What a landmark Sawyer has created for our town, huh?




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nicole said...

WOW!! It is HUGE and GROSS!!

Glad Jessi liked field hockey!!

Wendy said...

Looks like Jessie had fun and Sean too!! I think that is great Sean joining in where ever he goes!! Lets you concentrate on Jessie's game!!
I can't beleive that is a trash heap, ugh!! If you hadn't said anything I would have just thought it was a mountain!! Can you smell it from the school? I remember we had a pig farm not to far from our highschool and when the wind blew just right, EKKK...it was awful the whole school smelled like pigs, LOL...what a memory!!

Colleen said...

You can't smell it from the school, it's about 5 miles away. You can smell it for about a 1 mile radius when it's hot out. It is closing this year as far as I know, and my mother-in-law thinks it will shrink down by probably half once they stop adding to it and it settles... we'll see I guess.

Rick Jordan said...

YUCK! I didn't know you could see from the school! She has done very well with field hockey and am very glad she enjoyed it so much! LOL at the pigs thing!