...was... well.... it was sumthin'
The hall where the party was held is BEAUTIFUL! When we walked in, I said to Rick, "WOW!! We should TOTALLY get married here!!" He of course had to ruin it and remind me that we are already married ;) BUT.... (and you knew there was a but comin') it was a photography nightmare!! 2786 different types of lighting from candles to flourescents, and it was DARK... and as the night went on it just got DARKER (which made for a very nice atmosphere...but not-so-great for photos)! I was VERY glad I had Ken's fast lens, as I would have been completely screwed with my kit lens. I couldn't even use I new flash because there were no ceilings to bounce it from. I think I reminded Rick's aunt (the hostess) 100 times that I was not a pro and that I really hope she is happy with the photos and she just kept going on and on about how she has seen ALL my photos and goes on my site (I assume my picasa site... I assume.....) all the time and knows 'how good' I am. :::gulp:::
Anyhoo... here are a few. I don't dare post any with people in em since I don't have any releases, and since they were all cops ;)
I learned a LOT though about exposure and my camera settings and I also learned that while I'll always say yes to family, of course... since I'd be there anyway... event photography will NEVER be a goal of mine!!
8 comments:
I would call that a challenge but Colleen it looks like you did a GREAT job!! What a beautiful place and loved everything you showed us! As to the beer label on Ricks head, was that a hint that he wanted another beer? LOL...Always has to be one clown in the bunch!! Good Job Colleen and thank goodness you had that other lense!!
Where is that place??
Morgan Hill Event Center in Hermon
This place looks like a beautiful place to have a party. Beautiful pictures. I think you are very talented at photography! You have such a good eye for pictures. You see everything as a chance to photograph. I mean the fruit? I wouldn't think to take a picture of it, and that one came out like a damn post card ... beautiful!
This place looks like a beautiful place to have a party. Beautiful pictures. I think you are very talented at photography! You have such a good eye for pictures. You see everything as a chance to photograph. I mean the fruit? I wouldn't think to take a picture of it, and that one came out like a damn post card ... beautiful!
I see that Rick dressed up for the affair...
Does that mean I am not a person? LOL.
Thank you Julie!!
...and no Rick ....you don't count ;)
Post a Comment